Nov 5, 2015

Thankfulness Day 5

Today I am thankful for my good, healthy, well functioning body. I am thankful I have all my limbs. I'm thankful I can run and jump, lift and squat, sing and dance. My patriarchal blessing says that I will be blessed with health and strength throughout my life and that I will know how to care for my body. Am I a size 2? No, but I'd honestly rather not be. First of all, I'm not petite and am not built like that. Second of all, I'd rather have some meat on my bones and have some muscle to work hard on things, a well endowed upper body to feed my babies good, and hips to sit my babies on. :) I'm thankful I can haul10 logs of firewood at a time in from outside. I'm thankful I can spend all day raking leaves, washing the car, cleaning out the rain gutters, then blow leaves with a big Ol' backpack blower for another hour at night. I'm thankful I can spend hours a day, several days a week picking and harvesting vegetables. I'm thankful I can hold my baby while I vacuum the house. I'm thankful I can run in races and climb mountains. And I'm thankful I can feel when my muscles hurt, ache, or are sore.  Our bodies are truly a remarkable gift from God, and I am thankful for mine.

No comments: