Nov 5, 2013

Thankfulness Day 5

I'm very thankful for electricity. Have you ever really thought about all the things that we use every single day that don't function (or hardly function) without electricity? We've all experienced power outages. Some for a few minutes, or several hours, or a couple days, or maybe even weeks. How our lives are changed when we don't have electricity. I'm thankful for power!


I remember living in Young and not having traditional electricity. We had a generator, and a pump to get the water out of the well, but the lights and water only worked when the generator was on. So each morning before school I put my makeup on in the dark or sometimes used a flashlight. Three of us would have to take turns and bathe in the same bathwater (which usually was only 3 or 4 inches deep because we didn't have running water. We had to heat the water in pots on our camping stove.  IT WAS A PROCESS! It was really like living in Little House on the Praire. I did love loving there though!

So having electricity is such a huge blessing. And although probably one day we'll live like Lehi and his family (dwelling in tents in the wilderness) and not have a convienant source of power, I'm very thankful I've got it now!

No comments: