Nov 4, 2013

Thankfulness Day 4

Today I'm thankful for music, in all it's forms and varieties. Even though I can count on one hand the number of CD's I've actually purchased, I'm still thankful for music.

I love this kind of music:

I probably sing more of these songs than any others. They are defiantly some of my most favorite! And I'm very thankful to Gayla Finlayson, my dear primary music chorister, who in great efforts taught me most of the songs. 

I'm also thankful for all the musical artists who work hard to share their talents with the rest of us. Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order). 

Pink

The Band FUN

I LOVE musicals (and all theatre productions)


Hilary Weeks


Kelly Clarkson


Yo Yo Ma

 John Schmidt

Those are jut a few. I love music. I love to dance and bust a move. I love to sing along, even if I don't know all the words. I love Pandora. I love how music can bring peace, or lighten a load, or be a motivator, or change the atmosphere, or just make me feel like getting up to shake and movie' it. I love music and I'm so thankful for it. 

1 comment:

April said...

I am LOVING your posts. Lynn Selim taught RS on Sunday, and it was on gratitude. She had us write down things we were grateful for, small things... I wrote down running water, and electricity. I also thought about gasoline in order to run the generator. Then she asked why we were grateful for those things, so I shared abt. living in Young. I also said how much we loved living there, even though we didn't have electricity or running water. Do you remember, some nights, we would be reading scriptures and gasoline would run out and all of a sudden the lights would go out, and we would get up and go to bed.:) Great Times, the three of us being together.