Sep 28, 2014

Kayda's Baptism

This weekend was a very special one! Our Kayda Babes was baptized!! She had a couple of special guests show up! Marmie and Grampa Noel J showed up at the airport!! None of the kids knew they were coming, so when we drove to the airport to "watch the planes" they were all a little bummed when we couldn't see any planes taking off or landing. They got a little discouraged and were really bored waiting on the curb for me to "rest and take a nap." Then.....they saw Marmie and all was well!

 
After getting the grands from the airport, we did a little shopping and headed home to get ready for the baptism. It was held Friday evening. There was another ward who also had a kid being baptized, but here, each ward has their own little service in a different room in the building, and then all the wards share the font. I loved doing it this way. It made it a lot more personal and intimate.  I remember with Kamille's baptism, it was still a stake baptism, but all the wards met together for the service, which made it way less personal. So we were all happy to have it be just us in the primary room, while the other ward met in the relief society room.

We got some nice pictures outside on the green grass!









 


 The service was really, really great. There were nearly 40 people (38 to be exact) who came to support Kayda! Some of our favorite people were there. Kayda chose who she wanted to participate in the service. Marmie played the piano and gave the opening prayer. Our good friend Lisl (whom Kayda loves a lot) and her former primary teacher Ty, were the speakers. Lisl spoke on baptism and did a really wonderful job giving good examples of covenants and repentance. Ty spoke on the Holy Ghost and did a really good job showing how fruits of the spirit work. My mom and I were both talking about how good the talks were. We've heard a lot of baptism talks, and we both said that the approach Lisl and Ty took, we had never seen before, and they were both SOOO good!

We sang "When I am Baptized," and "I'm a Child of God." Bro. Schurger from the bishopric gave a few good remarks. Then Kayda was confirmed by Kody, who gave a very sweet and tender confirmation. He was assisted by our good friends Jim, Brian, Ty, grandpa Noel J, and Dale. Then Kamille gave the closing prayer. It was all just a really great service, and Kayda was smiling the whole time! :) She said she felt really happy!!

 
We're all very proud of her and the choice she's made. Kayda's a sweet girl and we love her and all her sass soooo much!
 
 
On Saturday we took Marmie and Grampa Noel J to check out the farm. Went over all the upcoming plans, saw the pigs and sheep, and talked about all the veggies and planting. Then we headed into town and hit up Golden Corral for lunch. It was Kayda's choice. YUMMY! We ate and ate....well, I did anyway. :) Then we went to Manito Park. It was still really pretty. The trees haven't changed much and the flowers are still full of color. Of course that won't last too much longer, so we're glad we were able to catch it one more time this year.
 




 
The lil' darling like playing in the rocks. She's such a sweetie!



 




 Ok, so I have to share a really funny story. Well, at least I thought it was hilarious! Mainly because it was a joke I thought of all by myself! I was rolling over laughing!! :)
 
My mom's name is April and she has a sister (my aunt) named Lark, like the bird. My mom was telling me how a group of fish is called a school, a group of whales are called a pod, a group of geese are called a gaggle, etc. She then told me this story about how my aunt learned what a group of lark birds are called. They're called exaltation, which I thought was really neat. Anyway, after a few seconds since we were talking about her and my aunt, I said "What are a group of April's called....Fools?" (As in April Fools) I started busting a gut! My mom chuckled then realized what I was talking about and then she laughed hard, while I was seriously cracking up the whole time!!! It was probably one of those things you had to be there to really appreciate, but it was SOOOO. FUNNY! And anyone who knows my mom, knows that I'm not all that far off! :) Just kidding! I only tease those I love!! :)
 
It's been a nice weekend with Marmie and Grampa Noel J. We're thankful they were able to come.


1 comment:

April said...

Great Blog, Great Pics... just one little thing...you think your mother is a fool??? :-)