Sep 15, 2014

Adventure Dynamics

At the beginning of August, Kody and I were signed up for a Christian Couples Retreat thing to celebrate our 11th anniversary. It is a 4 hour evening of team building activities on different ropes and obstacle courses. Full of adventure, of course! They serve dinner, have some good uplifting spiritual messages and several different games and activities that require everything from minimal creativity to serious courage! We were there 2 hours and then got rained out and blown out from the wind. So they sent us home and told us to come back a different time. We finally made it back a couple of weeks ago and made it through the whole thing! It was a lot of fun! Here's what we did....
 
The games on the ground involved working together through precise communication and using specific details.
 
These cables, that are a foot off the ground require you to lean on each other (literally) and as you walk down them they get farther apart. It was fun! And I'll brag and say we went farther then any of the other couples! It took some serious arm muscle though, to hold each other up.


 
After the activities on the ground we enjoyed a yummy dinner and socializing with the other couples. There were 5 couples that night and we had been married the longest (by far) out of all of them. I thought that was kind of interesting. :)
 
Next it was time to get our harnesses on and start the activities that required facing a fear of heights, overcoming some serious mental blockage and fear, and participating in activities that were 40+ feet off the ground!  

This one was basically like a balance beam. We had to cross the 20 foot log (that was only about 4 inches wide) and ring the bell on the other side. Super easy when your only a couple feet off the ground. But having to climb a latter then climb pegs that are anchored into the tree up 40 feet is slightly different! I went first ( I don't know why) but I DID IT!! There was nothing to hold on to! I knew Kody wouldn't really have a problem because he's not afraid of heights and is used to moving around quickly on things way high off the ground, but it was a little tough for me. It was good though, to have him there helping to encourage me on. 
 

 .
 
 
This thing was basically like a GIANT latter! The rungs were like 5 feet apart and we had to climb up about 6 of them. Kody would stand on my knee, and hurl himself up, then grab my hand and I would swing one leg up and over and he'd help pull me up. It was quite a process and took a lot of muscle work! But fun! This is us making it to the top! Again, the only couple that went all the way up! 

 
This one was like the two cables we walked along on the ground, only this time they were 40 feet up in the air! We were the ONLY couple that even attempted this one, and we made it almost to the very end!



 
Here's Kod-man taking a 9 foot jump! He did awesome!
 
I did it too, but my video is too long to upload. I wasn't quite as quick and courageous as Kody, so it took me a little longer, but I did it!
 
I would TOTALLY recommend Adventure Dynamics to anyone in this area! Not only do they do couple things, but large groups too. Like for families, co-workers, teams, etc. It was great!

No comments: