Sep 13, 2014

Odds and Ends

The past several days/weeks have been good. Busy with picking veggies at least 3 days week for several hours, making deliveries, and keeping up on regular daily life stuff, but good. Thanks to some good helping picking friends (Lisl and her kids) it saves so much time having some extra hands. Jordan who is 17 has come a few times to help. I did the ice bucket challenge with her. She's one of the young women in the ward and is so much fun! She's become my little buddy, and I just Iove her! She is strong and tough and works hard and is easy going. She's also and awesome babysitter and the kids love her too. Some recent stuff we picked is.....

Turnips 

Beets

Carrots

Potatoes 

There's lots of veggies. Like 600+ pounds worth. We belong to a co-op who does orders for Washington Stste University and Gonzaga, so we're hopping to have some big orders come in from them. 

This week was my dear friend Lisl's birthday. The kids and I took several things over to her which she seemed to enjoy. Then the next day a few of us celebrated with her. Lisl and Samantha enjoyed a bike ride with Lisl's super sweet, way cool, awesome, fun beach cruiser bike that her hubby got her. It's so cute! Then I hit them up on the road (not literally hit hem, duh!) and we picked up Jane and headed to the temple. It was very nice and pleasant. After that we devoured some super delish Mongolian food and laughed until our cheeks and sides hurt! It was a splendid day. We're all so glad that Lisl was born so we could party it up with her. She really is something special. 



Since it's a holiday weekend, Kody and his two cousins Wes and DeShaun went on a hiking/backpacking trip. They went to checkout a good retreat/survival spot in Idaho. It's about a 4 hour drive, then about a 15 mile hike into the spot. The kids and I were thinking of heading to Kennewick to visit friends, but one of the pigs just had her babies and I needed to pick veggies and hold down the fort. We'll go a different weekend. The little piglets are very cute. The sow had 11 but 1 died. All the others are doing great. 


Yesterday Lisl called me up and offered to watch my kiddos so that I could go to a movie or do whatever. Of course I was all over that! The kids love going to their house and playing with all their big kids. They were there for a while and had a good time. Yummy pancakes for dinner, bubble baths, picking strawberries, watching a movie, riding bikes, playing games, helping put dirt in their newly built planters, and all kinds of fun shenanigans! 
I went and saw "The 100 Foot Journey." It was a good one. Clean, funny, good storyline and worthwhile. I haven't been to a movie by myself in years, it was quite quaint. Of course I was the youngest one in the theater by at least 20 years, but it was still nice. Then I splurged and got a sub sandwich, my favorite! Nothing better than a yummy sandwich! It was very relaxing! And the kids did great, at least that's what I heard. The C family is super great and we all love them lots. 

We've started building the garage. Well, not us exactly. The crew that was hired out. It'll take them a couple weeks. 

Last week we went to Manito Park in Spokane. It is Soooo beautiful! 93 acres of lush Japanese, Rose, Lilacs, and other gardens. It was wonderful! 



That's all for now :)

No comments: