Some days I wonder what the heck I am thinking........about a lot of things. Home school, partly working, mothering, callings, community service, political opinions, values, principle's, family, exercising, food, crafts, fine arts, etc., etc., etc. It is strange to want to do so many things, but at the same time feeling like you want to do nothing at all?? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I guess i would say sometimes I feel very blahhh.
Yesterday there was an Elders Quorum boating activity. I really enjoy this activity. We went out on the boat with some other couples in the ward. It was only about 75 degrees and the water was about 65 degrees, a wee bit chilly. If Jefferson wants to put ice in his milk when he's older, I'll understand why. I got used to the water....after I was able to catch my breath. I debated weather I should get in and wake board. I finally decided to do it and it was GREAT! I did it last year for the first time and I got up on about my 5th attempt. Of course the first 4 attempts felt like I was playing Tug-O-War with the boat, and it ripped my form arm muscles off......seriously, my arms have never been in so much pain! But nonetheless, after I got up on the wake board, it was great! I was a little nervous this time not looking forward to my arms falling off again. But alas, they didn't!! And I got up on my first attempt! YEA!!! It was really fun! I'm glad that we went. Kody didn't get in the water. He doesn't do good in really cold water. Probably because he has zero fat on his body, and I have plenty to go around. Although it is coming off, slowly but surely.
After boating we headed to PF Chang's for dinner. That was nice...really nice. Then we hit a movie (of course... And a big thanks to one of my visiting teachers who owns the movie theater and passes along free tickets) and then we hit Wal-Mart on the way home for the necessities (i.e. diapers, nursing pads, more diapers, more nursing pads, milk, diapers, ice cream, nursing pads, cheese, diapers, and 4 more boxes of nursing pads.) Yea, that pretty much sums up my life...diapers, nursing and dairy!
I weighed Jefferson about a week ago and if the scale was right he weighs 17 pounds, and he's not even 4 months old yet. Everyone comments on how big he is....but I don't mind. I love kissing on his rubber band arms and all his chubs!
Kody is officially an inventor. Yea, I married a smarty pants! I can understand a lot better how the saying goes....One man really can change the world. He's going to.
I watched some of Glenn Beck's rally "Restoring Honor" on the Internet yesterday. It was very good. It was kind of "preachy," but I think it was totally what this country needs. You know the saying "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything?" Well, that inspired man stands for something, which is good, because there are a whole heck of a lot of people in this country who are falling all over the place. His message was very spiritual and I hope people take it to heart and turn to Heavenly Father for guidance. We must go back to the basics of Faith, Love, Charity, and Honor; letting each man and woman govern themselves with correct principles.
I made over 100 cookies today. 4 of my primary kids are getting baptized this week, so they got their cookies. I would like to take some of the left overs to different families. That would be fun!
Well, time to feed a baby....what a shocker!
No comments:
Post a Comment