Happy Anniversary to my Lovey! We've been married 7 years today! On one hand it seems like a long time, yet on the other hand it seems not long at all.
We celebrated last night with some fun activities. Of course Jefferson joined us, but we don't mind he's always a good sport! We headed down to the river and enjoyed a bike ride. The smell of the water and the trees was so nice. There was a light breeze and it just felt so good to be outside with all the grass, trees and water. If we ever move from here, that is one major thing I would miss is all the grass and trees. Jefferson did great tagging along in the bike trailer! It was very interesting to see that out of all the people down by the river, 90% of them were Hispanics enjoying parties and BBQ's with their family and friends. That is one thing I do admire in Hispanics is that they usually are very family oriented people. They actually get out and do things with their families on a regular basis. And I've noticed that as a whole, us white people don't do it as much. Of course all the white people that were at the park were enjoying their boats on the river. That was the big difference. The whites were on the water, and the Hispanics were on the grass. Kind of funny to think about! :)
Next we headed to Outback Steakhouse. We've never eaten there before and it was fun to go to a new place. The food was good, but the conversation was better. It's so nice to be able to talk without interruptions or distractions from kids who need a drink of water, or who are hungry, or who are tired, or who need their bottom wiped, or whatever it might be. I love the kiddos to pieces, and at times it's just nice to have it be a little quieter!
After dinner we headed to the movies (one of our favorite things to do) and we saw "Salt." This was my second time seeing it and it was good. We like the action, suspense type movies that make you guess who is the good guy and who is the bad guy! It was a fun date! That is one thing I'm grateful we have done very well at is going on dates. We go on dates more than any other couple I'm aware of. We fork over the money for a babysitter quite often to enjoy time together, and it's worth every penny! If we don't go "out" than usually our date is putting the kids to bed early and watching a movie and then talking afterward. I sure enjoy dates, and I hope we're able to do them for our whole life!
So it was a very nice way to celebrate 7 years! We have definitely had our ups and downs, and they have been very high ups and very low downs. But here are 7 reason's (and there are tons more but for numerical purposes, I'll only list 7) why I love my Kody.
1.) He is the most intelligent person I know. He is book smart and reality smart. And I know a lot of people, but he is the smartest. He is full of knowledge, not just information knowledge, but real wisdom and insight. And I love him for it.
2.) He is the hardest worker I know. On average he probably works about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. And it can be all on the same thing or a variety of things. But he puts his whole heart into what he is doing. He doesn't spend time watching TV or playing video games. He knows how to work, and he works hard. And I love him for it.
3.) He is a great dad. The children just love him! Whenever he comes in the door, weather he has been gone an hour or 10 hours, all the kids here him and say "Daddy!" and run to give him a hug. He lets them help him in the shop when he's working, or he takes the 3 oldest on the lawn mower with him, or jumps on the trampoline with them, or does any number of things. He really loves our children, and I love him for it.
4.) He is very well rounded. His interest's range from doing things or building things with his hands, to computer software and hardware, to the stock market, to reading, to basketball, to being outside, to wood working, to learning, to inventing, and the list goes on and on. And I love him for it.
5.) He is fit and handsome. He doesn't drink pop so he doesn't have a big belly. His muscles are very defined and he is very strong. He's in great shape! He's got beautiful blue eyes and cute dimples. And when he smiles the lines from the corner of his mouth curl up and meet the lines from the corner of his eyes! He smiles with his whole face! And I love him for it.
6.) He can see things and people for what and who they really are. His grip on reality is very straightforward and solid. He was blessed with the ability to discern right from wrong and truth from error, in every aspect of life. He is not wishy-washy. He does not succumb to "the next big thing" or give attention to insignificant details or matters. He researches everything and learns the most he can about it, and then if he feels it is worth while he will put time into it. He knows there is no such thing as "get rich quick, fix-all." He understands that making real money takes time, effort, sweat, energy, and above all hard work. And I love him for it.
7.) He wants to change the world. And I mean really change the world. His desires are to improve this world as much as possible. And he wants do it in every aspect possible. From saving people time with some inventions he's working on, to restoring government to it's original and proper form. His heart is set on helping people come unto the Savior through all means possible. And I love him for it.
So those are just a few of the reasons why I love my Kodman. It's been a great 7 years babe, and I hope to have 7 bazillion more! I love you my Kody!
1 comment:
i remember that day! i hadn't ever seen before that day, or since, a bride that could still dance like the crazy lady i know in her wedding dress! congrats you two, and you are a great example to the rest of us!
Post a Comment