Easter is a lovely time of year. Spring, new birth, growth, sunshine, etc. You almost can't be anything but happy. :)
Our ward did an Easter breakfast and put together a little treasure hunt for the kids. It was at our bishops house on his property. It was a beautiful crisp morning and it was nice to sit in the sunshine and feel it's rays. Just the kids and I went because Kody was getting the bees. Sometimes it can be a challenge taking all 5 kids some place by myself. Ok not sometimes, nearly every time. But it was worth it and most the time it is. I'm very thankful for nice kind people who help. Our friend Jim offered to help carry plates or push the stroller as my hands were full and said he had saved a spot at a table with chairs for us. That was thoughtful. Thoughtfulness runs in their family, we've experienced that a lot from them. While the kids were running around playing, I had fun playing catch with a 10 year old little ball player. He's pretty good and we've played catch a couple times. One of the older men in the ward paid me a complement and said, "You must have been a ball player, you don't throw like a girl." I laughed and told him he was right :) I didn't get any pictures of the breakfast but we had a nice time.
Easter morning the kids were so excited about gettig cold cereal for breakfast, since holidays are the only time we eat it now. It made my job a little easier. Then we grabbed a couple of quick pictures before heading off to church. Not the best, but better then nothing.
Sacrament meeting was really wonderful. Three great speakers who spoke and taught with the Spirit, helped me to feel peace, and three musical numbers that were really, really nice. I love when Sacrament meetings are good ones. I even got some motivation to start making bread again! I used to only make bread and not ever buy it. But when we moved I got out of the habit because this last move was so crazy and I didn't make time for it. So, time to whip out the Bosch again!
They had to make their way across the swing set without touching the "lava," or else they would have been burned!










1 comment:
WoW!!! This post was phenomenal. I especially love and appreciated your random thoughts regarding the parallel between the lambs, rain and the Savior. And then your witness and testimony was the best. The pictures of the kids and you are beautiful. Everything looks so fresh and clean. I would love to be around the animals being birthed. You guys are AWESOME!!!
I hope you find time to do things for and by yourself. You do need to have some down time for yourself.
Post a Comment