Kamille had a Profect Fair with the Homeschool Group she attends. This is a viedo of one of the songs her Acting class sang for everyone. It's cute!
My two little boys watching a movie!
Kayda and her lovely performing dancing outfit!
It's really nice living at the storage units, and especially getting what people leave behind. Only when they don't pay of course. Most of what people leave is junk and trash. But every once in a while we get some good things. Like just a few days ago there was a girl who didn't pay and so we had to clean out her unit. Most of it was junk but we scored nicely on movies. This girl left behind about 70 movies. We threw away about 30 movies because they were just trashy, but got to keep the other 40 of them. So that's nice. And since we don't have TV, movies is what we watch. We are firm believers of "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"
Jefferson had a blast in the dirt for about an hour, but I was a little late taking his picture. By this time he was too tired, but still oh so cute!
I'veve thought about posting every day. Even just a little something for maybe a month or so. Just to look back on later and see what a typical day was like. I dunno, we'll see.
Kayda learned to ride her bike!!! We never put training wheels on her bike because she always wanted to ride her scooter. But a couple of days ago I went out with her and after about an hour, she had it down! We knew she would get it really fast! So yea for family bike rides that we'll be able to take!!
My man the S-T-U-D!! Yea, he's hot!
Sometiems I think I care too much what people think of me and us. We live in an area where there is a lot of money. Full of doctors, lawywers, dentists, investors, etc. But sometimes the way we live, it may seem to people that we're struggling or barely makeing ends meet. Let me just say....That is not the case. No we don't live in a big huge fancy house. No we don't drive a $40,000 vehicle. We drive a truck that's 16 years old. We don't eat out every week. We don't go on lavish vacations. We don't do a lot of things that people in this area do on a regular basis. But the way we do live is by CHOICE. We're willing to sacrafice now so that we can be ahead latter. We'll drive an old truck now instead of having a car payment. We're doing our best to get out of debt. Totally out of debt. And we're happily willing to "sacrifice" (as some people think of it) to be out of debt. Another word for it is Self Reliance. Sometimes I think I let it bother me, what other people think. But then I get over it. Once we're out of debt we'd like to have a little bit nicer and newer vehicle. We'd like to go on a nice vacation, etc. But for now, we're happy where we're at. We're firm believers of the quote "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without!"
I made 6 loves of bread yesterday! Yummy! We haven't bought bread in a while. It's nice to add another way to be more self sufficient. I think it's the best batch of bread I've made yet! Even Kody said "This is way better than store bought!" Thanks Love!
Me and the Be-Be's
The kids had a blast building a fort in the closet. They played in there for several hours throughout the day! It's great to be creative!
No comments:
Post a Comment