Apr 23, 2011

Put on a Happy Face!

So after thinking and re-reading the recent blog posts they seem kind of gloomy. I just kind of felt "down." Mainly tired, but stressed, overwhelmed and just a little out of wack, but nonetheless gloomy. I've been thinking about my favorite Grandma Goodie and what she would say when you're feeling down. Two of her most quoteable quotes are,

"Change your attitude!" and
"You take 5 minutes to feel sorry for yourself and then get up and do something for someone else."

Oh how I miss sweet Grandma Goodie. So, it's time to buck up, take a deep breath and get over the blues! Or as the lyrics in Tony Bennett's song go.....



So lets all remember that it's a great time to smile!! Boy, I feel better already!

Here are some cute pictures of the kids today. We mowed the lawn and went to baseball. Of course Flat Stanley came too. It's a project we are working on with cousin Randi. If you haven't read the book "Flat Stanley" check it out, it's cute.





Our little dude is so cute!





Hungry??? Who needs I-Hop? When it takes over an hour to make pancakes (because we have to grind the wheat, etc., etc.) we make double. That way we have breakfast for at least 3 days in a row and I don't have to cook it as much.



Since yesterday was Earth Day, how appropriate it is to plant a tree. Hopefully this one does well in it's new home. It's a maple tree!

2 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather J. said...

Julie, just wanted to let you know that I've look at your blog sometimes since you put a link on facebook. Your kids are adorable. I am sure you are going to do a great job with Cub Scouts! If there is something I can do for you let me know. Oh, by the way Vance LOVED the bread you brought us. He practically ate the entire loaf by himself. :)