Dec 8, 2014

December is Here!

Hard to believe that the end of the year is here! Crazy how time goes!! The kids were pretty anxious to put up the Christmas tree, so we did that the day after Thanksgiving. I REFUSE to have any decorations related to Christmas come out before then. Each holiday should have their own recognition, not always having another holiday to share with. Know what I mean? :) I don't have pictures of the tree yet, but it'll come. We had to get a new one this year because our little kitties got tangled in the tree last year and we ended up having to cut the light wires to get the cats untangled. So by the time it was Christmas day, I think we only had one strand of lights that actually worked on the tree. But, like always, we found a good deal on Craig's List and got a nice tree! :)
 
Kayda is pretty crafty when it comes to sewing, cooking, or whatever. I don't know where it came from because I certainly am not crafty :) Anyway, she's been wanting to make a pillow case for a couple weeks, so we finally went fabric shopping. She paid for it herself and did 98% of the sewing by herself. Since I don't have a sewing machine (mine broke) she did it by hand and it took her about 3 hours. She did really well. Even I was quite impressed!
 
I had just gotten Kosette out of the bath and took this little video of the cutie. She's so sweet!
 
We had our ward Christmas party last week. It went well. I was asked to be the MC. We had a TON of people. There were about 220 chairs set up and we ended up bringing in two more big tables and 20+ more chairs. And we had people standing around. It was packed! Major crowd control on my part, but I think it went good. We had some musical numbers and a little game and good food. (That's probably why we had so many people :) ) The sunbeams acted out and performed "The Nativity Song" while the rest of the children sang. Jefferson was a shepherd, and the cutest one too!
 
Love it when they all exercise together! :)
 
I found new suits for the boys on eBay. Score! They look so studly!
 
I went out to the mail box this morning to send out our Christmas cards, and found this little gem already to be sent out. Kayda wanted to send a letter to Jesus. So sweet!
 
We found a good deal for tickets on Craig's List to the Spokane Chiefs hockey game the other night, so we all went. They lost, but it was still a fun game. Kosette enjoyed all the music for dancing!
 
Everyone's looking forward to Christmas! What a lovely season!

No comments: