Jul 1, 2014

Summer Time

Well, it's officially summer time! Yippie! Who doesn't  love summer and the sun and warmth? Maybe you don't if you live in Arizona where is 612 degrees outside. But here....it's WONDERFUL!!

I've got a pretty good flip flop tan going on. A continued work in progress of course, but definitely noticeable. Kody, naturally, has the best farmers tan ever! His arms, face and neck are all Mexican looking, while the rest of him is nearly albino. He's still really cute :) 

I went to the temple every week last month. It just sort of worked out that way. Once I went just because, once for a relief society night, once with the youth for baptisms for the dead, and once for a new missionary getting ready to depart. I think that time was my favorite. Makay invited me to the session she was attending. I sat behind her which was enjoyable for me because I got to watch and observe her watching and observing everything. How her eyes lit up walking into the endowment room seeing all the beauty in it's different forms. I could tell the wheels were turning in her mind, full of questions and awe at what everything meant and how and why it worked that way. It was really sweet and tender and I'm thankful I got to be there and share in that experience wth her. She really did a great job taking it all in. She's going to be such a good missionary. She comes from good stock, a family truly devoted to love and service for others and the Savior. It was nice attending the temple weekly, I may just keep that up :) 

I didn't get any pictures of the framing Kody did on the vegetable stand. But here it is coming along. 


This boy is seriously always working. Always. 

Don't you love the little tower thing on top! It'll be quite the landmark now! It reminds me of a little old school house, or maybe a mini Taj Mahal. But spiffy looking, nonetheless. Kody's really good at overkill! :) It still needs siding and paint, that's coming soon. 

The kids LOVE the dirt piles that are all around. It keeps them entertained for hours, literally. Wonder what they'll do when everything gets back filled....

 It's hay week! Tis the season for hay. We did it this same week last summer. Kody started cutting yesterday. I'll have to get some pictures of it. I love the look of hayfields freshly cut with the rows all long and straight. It's neat! 

No comments: