We rang in the new year with some friends from the ward. We enjoyed lots of yummy food, games, music and shotgun shooting. We all made it past midnight....barely. We left at 12:20 and all the kids were out before we backed out of the driveway. I'm a looser though and didn't get any pictures. But we had a fun time with 9 adults, 6 teenagers, and 14 little kids and babies. That's one way to party!
I always enjoy New Years and the chance it gives us to look back and reflect, and look ahead and plan. And although our plans don't always work out as we envision, I think it's better to plan then sit around and twiddle our thumbs.
We've got some great stuff planned for this year!! I'm super excited for a couple of them!!! (More details coming later)
Here are some pictures of the last couple of weeks...
She's such a crackup sometimes!
We had a Young Women's sleepover at a really nice lodge. It was fun even though we stayed up way too late (like 4am!). Even though we were small in numbers we had a great time playing games, laughing, and sliding on the frozen over lake.
While the rest of us stayed home being some sickies, a couple of studly studs went to church.
Although this half eaten plate of food isn't very pretty looking, it's got great meaning!
We had an item on my bucket list competed today! I've always wanted to eat some meat prepared by ourselves completely from scratch. On Friday one of our sheep was alive and kickin'. Yesterday Kody butchered it in our "backyard." Mainly thanks due to the fact that a coyote or some other sort of animal got to it first and we couldn't just leave it out. Then today I prepared lamb chops in the crock pot. My first time having lamb. Very moist, tender, and good! And now I know we really could survive in the wilderness :) I love living sort of like "Little House on the Prairie!" Even though Kod-man is the one with the skills doing the hardest parts and I'd probably not survive without him, I think I'm learning a thing or two!
And this is about 4 pounds of honey we got from beehives on the farm. Yay!!
Rock N' Roll with it!







1 comment:
Wow!!! Jefferson in Primary... hard to beleive. He is so dang cute. How fun to stay in a lodge. We have a very small YW's also. 3 beehives 2 Mia maids and 2 Laural's
Post a Comment