So here are some really good quotes that we have come across recently, and some oldies that we really like. Some are from ourselves, some from friends, and some from other sources.
"In the spider web of facts, many a truth is strangled." ~Paul
"Too often we give children answers to remember, rather than problems to solve." ~Roger Lewin
"Anyone who stops learning is old, weather at twenty or eighty." ~Henry Ford
"Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?" ~Erick Fromm
"The following is a true story. While sharing it with my mom today i laughed so hard I cried. Yeah it was that funny.
Avery has a little pink Dora backpack she received for keeping her underwear dry. she absolutely loves it. When she isn't using it, we hang it on a hook by our front door. Today, she hung the backpack around her neck and she proudly proclaimed "Look, I'm a HOOKER!" ~From our friend, Janell Nickle's blog (I laughed so hard at this one!
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed and with long, perfectly manicured fingernail. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley
"You're never to old to learn, and you're never too young to teach." ~Idaho Newspaper
"The greener grass needs mowing too." ~Author Unknown
"The sum of what you are is who you've been and the sum of what you'll be is who you are." ~Kody
"Aspire to Inspire before you Expire" ~Church marquee sign
Jameson was on my back and Kody wanted to take our picture. After much attempt to get Jameson to look at the camera, I said "Hey Jameson, look at Daddy, what color are his teeth?" Jameson looks up and said "Ummm Black." I say "There not black. Look at them what color are they?" Jameson says, "Umm white.....or maybe yellow." It was really funny! :)
"The breed of independent thinkers, hard workers, selfless and innovative people are a small minority and are fast disappearing from our country. Most will continue to stand with their hands out. Help for even the truly needy is fast disappearing, as our coffers grow emptier. If we continue to reward the lazy, the irresponsible, the takers and dependent with more of the same it will only continue to grow. As I see it, all of the problems we now face are mainly, 'a crisis of our culture!'" ~Countryside Magazine via Delores Myers, Minnesota
"I'm becoming what I thought I'd never be: A farm girl." ~Countryside Magazine via Delana Gage from New York.
"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TO keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." ~Helen Keller
"God help us to remember that freedom is not the right to do what we want, but the opportunity to do what is right." ~Peter Marshall from the movie "A Man Called Peter"
1 comment:
Great Quotes. Thank you for sharing. Where is the video of the R.S. talent show?
Post a Comment