It finally warmed up enough that we had to turn on the A/C. We made it to the end of June before hitting the power switch. It was so nice to leave the window's and doors open for a few weeks. The kids have enjoyed the slipn' slide a few times, and we got out the pool yesterday. The were in there for hours, and loved it! They're all pretty red on their shoulders and backs. Hopefully it turns into a nice tan!
We watched a movie last night, "Mona Lisa Smile." It's set in the 1950's. It was very interesting to think about the contrasts between now and then. The main character goes to teach at an all female school where they have actual homemaking classes about poise, being a wife and mother, how to cross your legs, etc. The girls long for and strongly desire to be married. That is there number one goal, but the teacher encourages them basically not to. It's very interesting to me how that is NOT the case now days. I admit, at one time being married and having a family was not my top priority. I wanted to do school, a mission, and "life" first. I'm SOOOO glad that I didn't. I've come to learn that there is nothing more important then being a good wife and mother. I'm not the best at it by any means, but I try. And it's sad to me how the world is so selfish. People in general don't marry until they are 30 or older. Then we wait 3 or 5 or 7 years to have a child, and then only have one, maybe two children. Then we put our kids in preschool so that the mother can go back to work part time. And before we know it everyone else is raising our kids and we wonder why they are turning out the way they are. Then we get divorced thinking that that will solve our problems, and come to find out it, in most cases it doesn't, it makes things just as bad or worse. And then when we are a bit older and a bit grayer (and maybe getting AARP info in the mail) we look back on life and do our should'a, would'a, could'a's. Now I understand that for some people getting married late, or not having children for a while is not by choice. I'm not talking about them. For the most part, as a country, we CHOOSE these things, and I just don't think it's right. The place for the mother and wife is to be in the home. Period. To have babies (more then 1 if possible). And to not ship her kids off to other people to teach and raise them, but to do it herself. Anyway, I'm rambling on and on, but this is just something I think is important.
Jameson is going potty in the toilet! Yahoo!! I still have to remind him and help him go, but he's getting it! Yea for less diapers! Speaking of which, Jefferson is in size 5 diapers. The kid is HUGE. Size 5! I mean he fits into size 4, but always wakes up soaking wet in the morning. So we had to move up. He's only 13 months old, and already is gearing up to be an football lineman. We shall see! Good thing he's so cute!
Here are a few pictures! Cute little Jefferson, a pretty sunset, and one of the boats Kody built. The young men in our ward are working with him building boats. They want to take them on a river run next month. Kody's so talented. He really can do anything!
2 comments:
I agree with you!! Nobody in my family is a member of the church and they can't understand why I want to stay home with my kids, instead of working full-time. They look down on me for being a stay-at-home mom! Being a mom is the best work you can do on this earth!!!
How much does he weigh??!! :) I can still squeeze my 2 year old into size
4's. haha
You are spot on about being a stay at home mom. The boat looks awesome! Jefferson is absolutely adorable... can hardly wait to see all of you. Sunset is beautiful... however... I still think AZ. has the absolutely most gorgeous sunsets anywhere! (Just my own opinion of course).:)
Post a Comment