Sometimes it seems like so much can happen in such a short amount of time. Yet on the other hand it seems like it takes so long for things to happen. Weird how those two feelings can exist at the same time. Is there a name for that?
It seems like we've been thinking a lot lately about life. What happens, how things pan out, where you go, what you do, etc., etc. Sometimes I wish I could get a glimpse of the future, just to be a bit more prepared, or ready. It's fun though, on the other hand to be surprised. Not knowing what's going to happen or why or when. Again it's weird how those two feelings can exist at the same time. Is there a name for that?
We enjoyed a nice 3 day weekend for the 4th of July. We wanted to go camping for the long weekend, but the owner of the storage units was out of town, and we both can't be gone at the same time. Hopefully soon we'll be able to go. The kids ask us at least 10 times a week (especially Jameson) "When are we going to go camping?" I'm so glad that they like to go and enjoy nature. What a blessing to find peace and happinness in God's own creation and handiwork, and no the shopping mall down the street. I'm glad we're not like that. Is thre a name for that too?
Since we didn't go camping in the "woods" we went in the backyard instead. The kids thought that was the near greatest thing! For 2 nights we slept in the tent. It was a lot of fun, and I'm sure we'll be doing it a lot more often. We also had a nice BBQ as a family. It was a very nice weekend to be all together and enjoy eachother's company. Even if most of the company was 6 and younger! Here are some pictures!
We also had a nice BBQ with some friends from the ward on the 4th. It was fun to just let all the kids play in the sandbox (somewhat turned to mud box) while all the mom's and dad's visited. We did some fireworks in the street, and the kids thought it was the greatest. Even a few neighboors came out and watched too. I wish we would have taken our camera. Darn!
I keep realizing more and more how blessed we are to be able to have both Kody and I work at home. So many kids go to day care because both mom and dad work outside the home. Or, even if mom stays home dad is gone all day long 70% of the time, and somethims more. It's been really quite nice to be together so often. We realize that a lot of families, infact most families, don't all work together. The kids have spent hours out in the shop with Kody building the pontoon boats. They ride on the lawn mower with us, or help weed the garden. They love it when we all watch a movie together. I hope we can always do that, and always work together as a family from our home. I think there is a name for that, it's called Love.
That reminds me of an article in the Ensign this month called "T-I-M-E spells Love." It really is time together as a family that holds everything together.
Our cute little man!!
We go to California in 9 days!!!
1 comment:
I have tried three times to send this comment and it hasn't worked. Hopefully it will this time.
The answer to your question."what do you call that?" It is called getting older!:)
You and your children are very blessed to have a husband and father who is ready and willing to go the extra mile in doing the back yard camping,and all the other activities he does with the kids, when the "real" camping isn't possible. In fact the kids will probably have more memories of "back yard" camping, than "real" camping. The pics. are so cute, I can hardly wait to squeeze Jefferson's cheecks. See you in 10 days.
Post a Comment