May 29, 2011

The Last few weeks!

Last weekend Kody and I went to Seattle for a Storage Unit Conference. I didn't know they had such things, but they do. And it was very interesting. The self storage industry is quite extensive, and is a very good business. I'm glad we have the opportunity to be involved in it right now. We learned a lot and are excited to implicate some new ideas and practices that will hopefully increase the bsuiness a little more. We're already running at about 97% occupancy, so hopefully we'll fill up these last few units. We couldn't believe how many people we saw that were overweight. I mean serisouly! I even told Kody he had it pretty good. I'm no skinny thing, but we could count on one hand the women who weighed 150 pounds or less. It was really interesting. Out of about 300 or so people only a handful were not overweight. Even the men, there were only a few that were not fat. Our country and the way we live is so LAZY! Why? We're so hooked on premade, prepackaged food, American Idol and Soap Opera's that we don't cook anymore and we don't get out and do things, like physically. And I mean really cook things. Like pancakes even. How many of us make pancakes from scratch? Probably a handful of us. We're so use to using Bisquick, it really is pathetic.

Anyway, moving on......we had a nice time staying at the Hilton and enjoying the conference. I think my favorite part of the whole trip was our 4 hour car ride we enjoyed in peace. I love my kiddos to pieces, but it was nice to just have it be Kody and I visiting. We talked the whole time and learned a lot from eachother. We dropped the kids off at some friends in Yakima. They used to live here and our girls were (and still are) great friends with their girls. Kamille especially, had been counting down the days that she got to go to Taylor's house. 47 days to be exact. No joke, she counted down. They had so much fun staying with and playing with Taylor and Avery. When we went to pick up the kids the girls cried because they didn't want to leave. But they weren't sad too long when we told them we were going to stay the night at a hotel and play in Yakima the next day. So we swam at the hotel and got to stay up late. And the next day we headed down to the Yakima River and walked along the path, played at the park, picked some Snap Draggons, walked in the rain, and did lots of fun stuff. Jameson loved seeing the train tracks and the train cars. We went to the Yakima Valley Museum and the Abreterom. The trees were so beautiful and we loved being outside and enjoying nature and eachother. Here are a bunch of pictures of our little adventure!






Kids having fun on the tire swing









A couple of weeks ago we had a Relief Society talent show. I participated. I actually did two different songs. Nothing fancy, just some fun one's. I was 50% of the whole show since there were only 4 acts. Only 2 people and one group of ladies performed something, and then a few others brought different works of art to display. They were actually really neat. The group of ladies did a "Riverdance" act. It was hillarious!! They were great. I wish I would have gotten it on video!

I did a video of my two songs, but Blogger is not letting me upload them right now. Maybe I'll try again later, cause they are pretty funny.

On May 18th was the 31st anniversary of when Mt. Saint Helen's erupted. So for part of school that day we made our own volacano. The girls had fun and we learned a lot about volcanos. Here are some pictures of our project.




One night after bath's Jameson was just too tired, he barley made it out of the bathroom before sucoming to sleep.



And a BIG congratulations to my dad! He's getting married in August! I'm so excited for him and Janice!

YEA for 3 day weekends! Well I guess that's all for now. Hopefully it won't be 3 weeks before I post again! Have a great Memorial Day!!

3 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandon said...

I like your haircut Kody. :)

April said...

what happen to the video? was looking forward to seeing it.