I'm more ready to be done being pregnant then I was with the others. I'm more tired, by body hurts more and I want to hold this little guy so bad! I've had everything ready for weeks now (i.e. bed all ready, clothes all washed and put away, carseat washed and ready, etc.)I'm not due officially until the 25th (2 1/2 weeks) but it would be OK with me if he came any time before then! I hope everything goes good with the birth. I had a feeling today to pack a bag for the other kids in case they needed to stay with someone due to some unseen occurance happening, so I did. Hopefully we won't have to use that bag. Sometimes I wonder if it's the Holy Ghost prompting me or if I'm just letting my own mind wander. Maybe a little of both? :) I loved Conference weekend, it was great! A lot of talks about trials and death? Are they trying to tell us something that will happen??? I think so. For the past several months we have felt strongly impressed to do everything we can to be prepared. Not just with food storage, but with survival items in general. Kody even started a website about survival. Once it's up and running it will have a list of nearly everything you can think of that has to do with hacking it yourself, and links on where to get those items and their prices. I'm SOOOOO glad I married a man who can do aything, and who thinks that being as self sufficient as possible is a good thing. Because I think so too! And I'm SOOOO glad we live in a place where we would be able to "live off the land" if we had to. We finally got a wheat grinder! YAHOO!!! A Magic Mill kind we found on eBay. We're excited! Now we're ready to get a big order from Walton Feed and put the grinder to use! We had a lovey Easter and enjoyed conference! The kids did pretty well listening doing their conference packets. And we had our "Easter Hunting" (as the girls called it) last night for Family Home Evening. When I went to get plastic eggs to put candy in, the store was completly out, so we improvised. The kids had fun finding coloring books, candy, crayons and markers, little toys all around the yard! Here are some pictures and videos of that!
I'm so glad that we decided to do homeschool! It has been so great. I've realized that with having a new baby on the way we may not get as much "school work" done as we'd like, but the kids will learn how to take care of a baby, how to be a family and how to work together to get things done. Is that not really the most important thing, being a family? I think so. One family in our ward does homeschool already, and there are two other families in our ward who are leaning towards doing it too! I have read recently a lot of statistictis on homeschooling. It is unreal the benefit it is compared to public/priviate school. I'm so glad we don't have to ship our kids off to school to be raised and taught by someone we hardly know, not to mention the influence that other children will have on our kids. And we can still be just as involved, just as big a positive influence, and just as educated (well actually MORE in all of those areas) as public/priviate/charter schooled kids. YEA FOR HOMESCHOOLING!!
Here are some fun/random pics and a video of the kids
Jameson loves to dance. He knows how to turn the radio on by himself and he busts a move!
Kayda is holding Baby Tony! One of our employee's, his wife just had a baby. He's so cute! Kamille said she wants our baby to look like Tony......Fat Chance!! I would love one of our kids to have hair like that though!
3 comments:
You look great, and I'm sure very ready for the big day!!! Can't wait to meet him!!
We're sure excited for you! If you're sleeping enjoy it now!!!
I think you look soooo cute!! It doesn't look like you've gained any weight at all! Wish I was closer to help you when the baby comes!
Post a Comment