I started having contractions on Saturday the 13th. They weren't frequent or real intense, but they started coming, so I got excited! That evening, they really kicked in and I thought that he would be born sometime in the night. Well, I layed down for bed and they went away, but woke me up at about 6am Sunday morning. They were very consistent, anywhere from 3 to 8 minutes apart. I layed down to rest about 9am and they went away, so I thought I better keep up and moving around if I wanted things to progress. So I took a walk, vacuumed, swept the floor, did laundry, etc. I called my midwife at 11am to give her a heads up. She said she would be over a little later to check me. She got to our house at 2pm and by then the contractions were every 3 minutes and fairly intense. I was dilated to a 6 and so we started to get everything set up and ready. I was thrilled to only be 6 days over due instead of two weeks like I was with the girls! By 3pm I was ready to get into the water (I did a water birth). We filled up the pool and I was in hard, hard labor for only about 20 minutes. He was born at 3:30pm. Everything went super well! I didn't rip or tear and it was short, sweet, and to the point! Kamille was here the whole time and just sat on the couch observing. We had a neighbor play with Kayda outside for a bit until he was born, and then she came in. Everyone did a great job and it was a very successful birth. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. and was 22 in. long. He has blue eyes, the cuttest dimples, and dark hair, more hair then the girls had! We finally decided on his name when he was 2 days old. We decided on Jameson because we really like it and we want the boys in our family to start with the letter J and the girls to start with the letter K. His middle name, Roderick, is Kody's Great Grandfather's first name. He is from Scotland and it is a pure Scottish name. It sure is fun having a boy, and of course he sure is cute!! Here are some pictures and videos, so enjoy them!
First Family Picture (with our great midwife Fran Wilson)
Getting his weight
Sweet Boy!
Getting dressed with dad
4 Days Old
Big sister with little brother
Marmie and grand baby number 10
Marmie with 2 of the grand kids
Kamille being big helper
11 comments:
wow girl. you make it sound so easy. 9 pounds is a big boy!!
congrats and welcome to the baby boy world
What a cutie! I hope I get to meet him soon :)
Oh I forgot to say I Love his name!
He is soooo cute!! Wish I could be there! At least you have mom to help. Hope to see you soon.
OK you are awesome! A water birth at home- how cool!!! Your kiddo is SO stinkin' cute!! Way to go girl!! Love you guys!! Beautiful family!!!
Congrats! Jameson is so precious. I can't believe how much your girls have grown.
Congratulations! Boys are so fun.
Congratulations! He looks very cute and we can't wait to meet him.
He is so adorable!! Can't wait to meet him. :) Good job Mom!
Hey, We are going private on our blog... so please leave me your email if you wish to be invited!
Congrats on number 3!!
Post a Comment