Sep 11, 2008

I LOVE Surprises!

I went today to get my nails done from a gal in our ward who does an AWESOME job. She's also the one who did the Father's Day pictures for Kody. (Super multi-talented, this girl is!) Anyway, I had a manicure and a pedicure done, and can I just say that I LOVED it! The only other manicure I have ever had in my life was when I was 12 at Jennifer O'Connor's birthday party. I was not a very happy camper about that considering that her twin brother and his friends got to go to the batting cages while all of us girls went to some salon to get our nails done. "Oh, Brother" I thought. At the time I totally wanted to go to the batting cages, since I was playing little league baseball then.

Anyway, Pam did a pedicure on me last month and I tell you what, that is something I cold really get into! So to have both my hands and feet done was like heaven! Then ever so casually Pam mentions that we should go to Burger King, get some lunch and let my girls just play around. Sounds good, I thought. Well, it was more than good. I get there and see about 10 other ladies from our ward all just "hanging out." At first I thought it was some weekly activity they all got together for and Pam invited me this time. Well, little did I know that it ended up being a Surprise Baby Shower, for non other than ME! I was so excited. And what a place to have a baby shower...Burger King! It was so great. I got lots of cute stuff, but I was more appreciative of those who came to support it, and for Pam for putting it all together! This ward we live in has some of the best people I have ever met, and that is no lie. These ladies are FABULOUSO and I just love them! So a BIG thanks to Pam, Julie, Mary, Dani, DaLene, Allison, MarJean, Gloria, Dori, and Melanie. Love you all tons! We did get some pictures, but not with my camera, so as soon as I get them I'll post them.

P.S. Still no baby yet. I'm 3 days past due. My mom comes up next week. YAHOO!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to find out what you're naming your baby! You look great in your pregnancy pictures.