Mar 4, 2019

We're All Settled

We've been in Oregon now for several weeks and are still loving it! We're fully unpacked and all settled in. We've gotten back into the groove of homeschool, work, chores, and play. Kody likes his job and is treated well. His boss, John, is a very clean, organized guy who runs the farm in a very orderly fashion. Kody loves that! It's right up his alley. It's great for Kody to be able to go to work in the shop and have all the tools he needs, with them all labeled and they each have a spot. Super organized! He loves not having to spend time organizing anything or trying to look for things he needs. John has a guy come in once a week and replace all the coveralls and rags with clean ones. Once Kody's gotten done with the mechanics of a machine, he gets to clean a wax it! That part is fun and makes all the equipment look and feel new! He's been working 10 hour days, so he is pretty tuckered out. And he's been eating so much more food! I'll make him 4 eggs and 3 pancakes for breakfast, pack a couple snacks in his lunch that he can have at about 10am. Then he eats his lunch, sometimes will have another snack in the afternoon, come home to dinner ready by 6pm and have a couple bowls of cereal before bed. He's burning calories like crazy! I wish I could eat like that and still be a stick like he is, but alas, I don't have that luxury. :)  And I would say, I've been doing really good with meals. Since being in the kitchen is not my favorite place, I've done good to have meals ready when he gets home. Yummy ones too! Meat, potatoes, salad, pasta, etc.

We got a really late snow. And lots of it! There wasn't any snow when we moved up here. But 2 weeks later, it came. And, it's still around. It's been fun though! Lots of snowmen, an igloo, snowball fights, and bowls of snow sitting on the counter for everyone to munch on. We seriously need to invest in sleds and skis again. We got rid of all that stuff when we moved to AZ. But, that'll wait till next winter. It's beginning to warm up and I don't think the snow will be around too much longer. We're already near the middle of March, for heavens sake! Such a late winter! But a fun one!








 
Kody and I both received callings recently.  Kody is the 1st counselor in the Young Men presidency. I am a teacher in Primary, teaching the 7 year olds. Honestly I'm not thrilled, since I live in the  primary Every. Single. Day. At. My. House! But, I know I'll come to like it. I always do. Sometimes I wish there was a volunteer sign up sheet where we can put our names down for callings we want to serve in. I'd choose Young Women, and maybe Sunday School or relief Society. Wouldn't that be something? I wonder who would volunteer for Bishop or nursery leader? Haha!:)
 
The girls have put themselves out there and loaded up on some jobs already. They have some gigs that will go consistently from now until June. Babysitting, snow shoveling, house cleaning, etc. They'll each walk away with a few hundred dollars by summer.
 
After being here over a month, we found some furniture! It's a nice leather set. We also got a piano! Just adding to the daily noise. :) The girls and even Jameson sit down and play something......all the time! They're getting pretty good, for not having any lessons. We did oil the leather on the couch and chairs, so they look way better now and are all the same color, instead of a light and dark brown. And Kody's been tuning the piano. Thanks to his handy electric tuner, a socket wrench, and YouTube, the piano doesn't sound like it's old and has been moved. It sound's great!  :)

 
Picnics in the house are fun! 
 

No comments: