Feb 27, 2019

Julie's Birthday

This year I turned the big 35! WooHoo! Since we had only been in the house 10 days, I wasn't really planning on too much, or really doing anything. So, you can imagine my surprise when my best good friend, Lisl showed up. Along with a couple other good friends.

The night before my birthday, it was after 8pm and we were heading to bed. While upstairs putting my pj's on, Kody says, "I think someone's knocking on the door." I thought he was crazy, because I didn't hear a thing. He says, "go see who it is." I was like whaaaaaaat? He's the man, it's dark, I wasn't going to go see who it was. :) So, we both went downstairs. After opening the door, we found a Banana Cream Pie on the doorstep. My fave! That's when I knew something was up. Only Lisl knew that's what I loved, so my first thought was that she called someone in our ward and told them to bring it to me for my birthday. After further inspection out the window, Kody says, "There's still a car out there, go see who it is." Again, I was like whaaaaaat? What if it was some creeper guy who was luring someone out of the house to abduct them? Geez! But of course he talked me into it, so I went outside. The things I do for that boy! :) When I got outside, the only thing I could make out from the car was a Washington license plate. That's when I knew Lisl was here! She's the only one that would make the trek to see us. I looked around and saw a moving body and yelled out, "Is that who I think it is?" and went over and gave her a big ol' hug. I was so happy! After a minute or so, Lisl said, "I brought some friends with me." Getting out of the car then were Tracy and Jeannine. Oh, how I loved that!

Knowing that we moved with no furniture and would have nothing for them to sleep on,  they all came prepared with sleeping bags. I did provide some camping pads to help with cushioning. We stayed up till after midnight talk and laughing. It was bliss! The next morning I woke up to a table full of goodies and gifts. After I helped Kody get off to work, Lisl got up and started making pumpkin pancakes. She knows I love those too and her's are the best I've ever tasted, so she brought all the batter with her. The kids woke up one by one and were very excited to see Sis. Collins! They love Lisl almost as much as I do. :) We all enjoyed pancakes, eggs, bacon, and gifts. 

 
The kids were super sweet and gave lots of homemade items. Jace wrapped several of his books in towels and blankets and gave them to me. He also had one book wrapped in the Scrabble game board. Like, in the actual board. :)

 
Lisl got me a new dish strainer, since we left our good one in Arizona. Love!
 
Kayda's gift was really great. She made me this super cute scripture case. My other case I've had since I was 8, so it was quite dilapidated. She did a really great job! Compete with pockets on the outside and inside for pens, etc. And some extra space for notebooks, papers, etc. She's really becoming quite the little sewer.

 
 
Lisl brought several games to play with the kids. While the rest of us were playing one, she and Jace snuggled in a blanket and read books and sang songs.  I snapped this picture and think it's so sweet.  Lisl is the only person Jace has taken to from the beginning of someone he's not familiar with. :)
 
The four of us headed out on the town for a lovely little afternoon. We stopped by the farm where Kody works and I showed them around a bit, then we found a supper ymmy Mexican restaurant. Very authentic! The decorating inside was really neat! We were there for a while and just enjoyed each other's company.  Lots of stories, experiences, jokes, and love! And of course Lisl and I fulfilled our club commandment and we "Ate the Whole Thing." Jeannine and Tracy were whimps and couldn't finish all their food. :)





 
Here's all my lovies singing happy birthday! Kayda made a super yummy peach cobbler. 

 It really was such a good birthday! Kody of course knew the whole time that Lisl, Jeannine, and Tracy were coming. I love surprises, and am thankful for all the birthday love from all my faves!

No comments: