We've been lucky enough to not have hit really bad humidity since we moved here. There have been some very beautiful days that were not humid at all! At least we didn't think so. A few people have told us that earlier in the summer there was a span of serious heat and humidity, and it was rough. But, for us it's been nice. Some days have been hot and humid, but it has seemed to be only a few.
One day we hit up the zoo. We had a good time. My favorite were the jelly fish. Have you ever really looked at a jelly fish up close? They are magnificently beautiful! So crisp. So elegant. Truly an incredible creature! I wish I had gotten a picture.
The sky ride was fun going over "Africa."
We live about 20 minutes from the temple. One morning our ward had an activity near the temple. We had breakfast and a little morningside. It was nice. Afterwards we walked around the temple with the kids. It was just nice and peaceful.
Another afternoon we went to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. It was soooo pretty! We had a lovely picnic with a couple other families, and just enjoyed the breeze, the trees, the beauty, and the company.
Kody and I play on a coed softball team with our ward. That has been really enjoyable. Of course it's right up our alley!! We play weekly for about 6 weeks. We had a game last night, and we won 11-1! I've been playing 1st base, which is a bit new to me because I never played that position growing up. But it's just slow pitch softball, so it's not super competitive. We've both had some good hits, made good plays, and really had a fun time. Looking forward to a few more weeks of playing!
The past couple of weeks, I've turned into Betty Crocker!! No joke! The kitchen is not my favorite place, but it and I are becoming better friends. I've made lots of things. Mainly trying to do better at making things from scratch that we eat the most of, to avoid buying it in the store. We're working on becoming more self sufficient doing as much as we can on our own, and trying to save a little money. The next big step would be to get a cow and some chickens. :) We eat a lot of dairy and eggs, so this would help a lot.
Here's some German pancakes. The kids love these!
Homemade Wheat Thin crackers. Kody really likes these in his lunch, as do the rest of us, so I'm making them now. They've been turning out pretty well!
French Toast is always a goodie!
5 gallons of granola! Yes, it's a lot. But we like it and it lasts a while
18 dozen cookies! Granted, some were for cub scouts. But mostly for us :)
My lil' Betty :)
I've also done 11 loafs of bread. I used to make bread all the time and didn't buy it from the store. Then I got off track for a while, and we moved. But now I'm back to the grind...of wheat :)
I'm also back to making homemade tortillas. We eat a lot of those. I'm excited to get a tortilla press! That will save so much time instead of having to roll them out by hand! I'm so grateful that none of us have allegories to food of any kind. We've been really blessed with good health and that makes cooking/baking so much easier instead of having to find substitutes for certain things or cutting out certain things from our diet. Otherwise we'd have to eat like this.... :)
Lots of round bales of hay going on right now! This was one about 50 yard from our front door.
We set up the tent in the front yard last week. The kids slept out there for 3 nights. We love to camp, but haven't quite made it out yet since we've been here. So this came close enough for now.
The little spider monkey climbed all the way to the top one evening at the park. All by herself! It made me so nervous that I had to go up behind her :)
A couple of little pole dancers....er....I mean....climbers :)
My namesake, Aunt Sandi DEE and Uncle Mike came all the way from Arizona to see us!! Well, sort of. They came to MO for a little vacation, but made a good 3 hour trek drive, just to see us. We had a lovely visit with them, and were so happy to see some family members!
Kayda drew this. Her interpretation of the Tree of Life. I chuckled that the sun even needs sunglasses, and the title of "The Fruit of the Rod." She got all the right labels, just a little mixed up :)
We had a ward party last week, and I told Jameson he needed to go upstairs and change his clothes and put something nice on. This is what he came down looking like. He did it all by himself! Little stud!
Our ward party was a luau. Kamille, Kayda and I participated in a Tahitian dance number. I learned the difference between a hula dance and Tahitian dance. With hula, you tell the story with your arms. With Tahitian you tell the story with your hips! After our first practice, the woman in charge of the dance put me as the leader because apparently I can shake my hips pretty well. :) Yeah, me and Marilyn Monroe! :) I shook my hips so well that first practice that my skirt fell off!! So naturally, I had to tone it down a notch for the real thing! :)
Kody got a little bit of the dance on video. Kamille is on the far right side and Kayda is on the far left side. They both got some rhythm!
We love the little area we live in! We went on a walk around the property and enjoyed the evening air. We walked over a mile! There's a fellow that comes and hunts on this property. We saw a few of his little hideouts, his tree chairs, and other signs of a hunters life.
Kody's been working hard. Like always. This greenhouse smells so good with mint, thyme, chives, and sage. He just poured about 8 yards of concrete the other day, putting in a nice sidewalk at the end of the greenhouse, and the footer for a couple other greenhouses.
Here in the Midwest, there are Tornados! Something I'm still working on getting used to. (Probably won't ever happen). We had our first real tornado warning. The town sirens were even going off! Thankfully it stayed about 5 miles away, and only touched down on the ground for just a few seconds. But still, I was a little nervous. The kids and I were ready to head down into the crawl space under the house if we started seeing trees flying all over! We've had lots of thunderstorms and lightening since we moved here. It's been really neat to see big bright bolts of lightening! But it always keeps me on my toes! Here's a little video I took the other night at 1:00am. The light was so bright coming through our bedroom window, that I couldn't sleep. This video doesn't do it justice.

No comments:
Post a Comment