Aug 11, 2015

Life in Missoura...

I walked into the store the other day and an elderly gentleman says to me, "Is it hot out there?" I smiled and said "Yes, it is!" He then says to me in his lovely Midwest accent, "Yeah, it's always humm-ed in Missoura." I smiled again because I had no idea what he was talking about because I didn't know what the word humm-ed meant. As I thought about it a few minutes later, I realized he was saying 'It's always hUmid in Missouri!' Gotta love the accents! Oh, and the older natives say "wash" with an r in the middle. So it's "warsh." Huhhh? It's sorta cute :)


 So yeah, this is what hum-edity looks like when moving boxes around. Lots of sweat!
 
Moving boxes is exhausting
 
Kody, the stud builder, built bunk beds for the boys. It took just a few hours.

 
Kody's done a few orders of herbs. Chives, mint, thyme, and basil. Usually he comes home smelling pretty good :)
 
This awesome dude celebrated his 34th birthday! I made friendship bread, one of his favorites, but our oven doesn't work right, so it didn't look very pretty. Still tasted good though, after cooking an exceptionally long time. I love the "3" candle and the 4 separate candles. :)
 
Big chunk and little chunk

 
I love this cute boys Sunday outfits


 
This is the book shelf we made just after we were married. It's a beast of a thing! In order to get it upstairs, we had to put it on the truck rack, back the truck up to the house, lift the shelf up to the railing on the porch on the 2nd story, over the railing, and into the house. It took everyone's muscles, but we got it. Then the kids had fun pretending it was a quintuple bunk bed. Not a bad idea, actually :)
 
 
It's nice to have most of our books back on shelves. Still have a couple of boxes to empty. 
 
These are some pretty flowers that grow randomly throughout the yard. I don't know what kind they are, but we like them.
 
It rains here! Matt was telling us this is one of the wettest years they've had in the past 30 years. 27 inches of rain in 6 weeks back in the spring. Crazy!  Sure makes things pretty!
 
We also just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. I love this picture, and the cute boy in it.

 



No comments: