There were lots of little happenings in the month of June. Here's some tid bits on what went on for us
Kids got sick. It was no bueo! They all went through a throw up episode....or several. Keeping a bowl close was a big priority! Most of the time the throw up made it into a bowl or the toilet, but there were a couple of times it ended up in someone's car seat in the car, or out on the ground (which isn't so bad). Although having sick kids is no fun. sometimes having them lay around doing nothing is kind of nice :) It eventually passed to me and I got it something fierce! Totally down and out for 3 days. Parts of it felt like I had a case of vertigo. I couldn't even roll over or sit up without feeling so sick and dizzy. Thankfully though, I had good little helpers around. And when they weren't around, friends stepped up to the plate and helped a lot!
Once everyone was feeling better.....my boys went out in our back field and picked lovely wild flowers for me. Little sweethearts!
My friend Jenny had a birthday, so a bunch of ladies got together for a little par-tay! We saw a movie and went to dinner. We laughed really hard several times over! I love these ladies!
Kody and I laid a few thousand feet more of plastic in the gardens behind the creek. Lots of work, but it went well
Kamille once again saved her money to go on a trip to Arizona. She went solo this time and stayed for a whole month! She was a trooper and had a great time getting to see ALL her cousins! She loved the swimming, movies, eating fried grasshopper (yep, she really did take a bite) staying up late, parades, helping Grammy in the garden, and so much more!
All kinds of fun things get rigged up on the farm :)
Kayda was a champ and really stepped up to be a good helper while Kamille was gone. These 4 played well together...even when Kosette goes without pants :)
This is also known as an "above ground sprinkler system" :)
Kody made candles from the wax from our bees.
Kody finished the veggie stand and we got it all opened up to sell stuff
Yes, we have a wheel chair. Yes, our kids play with it.
Sometimes Jace helps with the laundry
We went north to Chewelah to visit another farm. They had a lovely little festival going on and we enjoyed their beautiful gardens, hay ride, music, informative speakers, and pretty property
We celebrated another Fathers Day for this great man! He's our anchor and we are all so thankful he is ours!
For Fathers Day our local news paper does a yearly "Draw Dad" contest. Kamille drew a picture of Kody a couple of years ago and won 1st place. This time Kayda entered and she won 1st place too! She got $20! It's nice to know our children have artistic abilities they get from Kody :)
Boys love mud!
Jace is 3 months old and super perfect!
I don't have pictures of this, but my dear friend Lisl invited me to a baseball game, which I was excited about because I love baseball and hadn't been to a game in a long time. Life had been crazy, so an evening out with no little rascals (except my nursing babe) sounded super nice! Turned out the baseball game wasn't going to work out, but we wanted to do something anyway. So we headed to Manito Park, which is a favorite park for both of us, and enjoyed the lovely evening weather walking around it's beautiful gardens. We were there for a few hours and enjoyed the rose gardens, Japanese gardens, European garden, and walking around the outskirts admiring the cute homes that surround the park. I loved the visiting time with Lisl! She and I get along so well and can talk for hours. We laughed and laughed, talked deep and just had such a pleasant time. After the park we headed to Applebee's for dinner. It was late (like 9pm) but we didn't care. It was a night on the town! Dinner was splendid as we continued our visiting and time together. And of course, Lisl and I can't get together without having ice cream, so we went to Dairy Queen and enjoyed ice cream on our drive home. We didn't get back till almost midnight! It was well loved though. I truly treasure those 7 hours we were gone, as they were some of the last she and I had together before we moved.
The end of June brings harvesting veggies and hay. These are my sugar snap peas picking buddies
3 days worth of loading hay. A total of about 2,000 bales. Lots of work, but it makes for good muscles! And when we have start at 4am, it sorta wears everyone out :)
Playing in the barn rafters is always fun!
Or friends with muscles Brigham and Jordan helped us with hay. After we were done, Kody and Brigham had a monkey bar race across the rafters. Boys will be boys!
This sweet little thing was blessed in June too. Kody gave a very nice, tender baby blessing. He was filled with the Spirit as he blessed Jace. It was very lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment