It's been so nice for Kody to have someone who "knows how to work." Someone who can run equipment, work long hours doing hard labor, someone who doesn't have to be talking all the time or be on his phone, or listening to music, etc. He just works. Hallelujah for country boys!
We got the camp trailer all fixed up and ready for him to live in and put it at the farm. He's using our truck to get around wherever he needs to go, so he's all set. Good thing he's a simple guy and doesn't need fancy. We aren't really fancy people. In the words of Marilla Cuthbert from "Anne of Green Gables"..."Plain, simple, and senseable is best." I agree.
I remember Kyle as a kid, and he sure has blossomed (not a very masculan word to use, but it's all I got) into a great man. He's been home from his mission about a year and is just very kind, considerate, happy, and helpful. We enjoy is company and Kody is very thankful for his skills, abilities, knowledge and help. They make a great team. Hopefully we'll talk Kyle into sticking around...maybe permenantly...and making the farm really successful.
Farmers know the best way to make a farm successful is by pure work. Yes, of course you need money, equipment, knowledge, etc. But ain't nothin' gonna happen without putting in the work.
I'm grateful I married a worker.
No comments:
Post a Comment