Dec 14, 2013

Ward Christmas Party

Last night we had our ward Christmas party. It was nice. Good food, lots of musical numbers, and pictures with symbols of Christmas.

I was asked to be part of a group that sang "The 12 Days After Christmas." I was the youngest in the group..... at least by about 25 years (a cute little age story to come in a minute)  It's a cute fun song. Here's the video of it. Thanks to Kamille for doing the video while Kody kept the other 4 kids in check.

 


We also had a family picture in front of several real Christmas Trees. They were very beautiful and smelled great! I love what the Evergreen tree symbolizes. 


And of course Santa was there. A man in our ward (who really has the same personality Santa would have if he was real) played him. He's always pinching little kids' cheeks and giving out candy 
in the halls at church. He's a really jolly guy!  Poor Kosette was not  a fan though. She has a little cold and was very tired, so she wasn't really interested in sitting on his lap. We don't do Santa in our family, but the kids wanted a candy cane, and bits always funner to get candy from someone in a bright red suit!



It was a nice evening...a little long, but nice.

Ok, so the age story goes like this. A sweet older single man asked to sit at our table with us and of course we said yes. We had a nice little visit, and he chatted with the kids and all,  and when he was done eating he left the table. Right before we were getting ready to leave he comes up to my friend and I as we talking and says to me, "Can I ask you a personal question?" I smiled and said, "Of course!" He then says to me, "How old are you?" And I responded with, "I'm 29." And he says, "Ok, I knew you were young and I thought you were about 18 or something." My friend and I both laughed and I thanked him for the complement. My friend says, "Yea, see all these kids of hers running around?" And I said, "If I'm 18 and have 5 kids I would have had to start when I was about 12!" He then said, "Well you never know, some people get offended at a question like that." And I said, "Oh I'm not offended. I think I'm still young enough to not take offense. But maybe ask me in another 20 years and I might have a different answer." He was a nice old man and we all had a good laugh!

We've had a really busy week. Gone every night this week (visiting teaching family get together, mutual, cookie exchange, song practice, ward party) And tomorrow is Kamille's 9th birthday so we're celebrating today.  Busy but fun. But I will be glad when the week is over, it's exhausting to be gone all the time!!

And only 11 days til Christmas! Yay!!!

No comments: