- Car seats. They are one off the biggest pains in the rear ever! Yes they keep kids safe and all, but it is such a hassle to take 14 minutes to get in and outt of the car every stinkin' time! I'll be sooo glad to be done with car seats. Let's see, I only have 8 more years to go... Great. On the bright side though, they make for great timeout spots where your toddler can't get out because he's not strong enough to undo the bottom buckle. Just a tip, don't forget that you put your kid in the car for timeout.
- Cutting Food. I'm pretty sure I won't miss taking 11 minutes at every meal to cut food. When they're big enough to use a fork AND a knife, AND know how to use both of them properly and not as war weapons, that will be a happy day.
- Clothes, shoes, jackets, etc. Oh, how I look forward to my children all being able to dress themselves COMPLETELY! Again, taking on average 17 minutes to redo underwater because it's backwards and inside out, put socks and shoes on and tie them while the child is laying face down on their stomach and refuses to turn over, and find the jacket that has "the right pockets" and zip it up, etc. is such a process! Now I understand a lot better why some parents put their kids in jumpsuits and have them ware vel crow shoes till their 12. Yea, I don't think I'll miss that.
- Diapers and potty training. Now c'mon, need I say more? Exactly.
With an average time of about 90 minutes per day I spend doing just these 4 things, I may not even know how to fill that time when I get it back. Guess I'll have to pick up a new hobby. Maybe basket weaving. Nah, I know what I'll do, I'll sleep! YES! I won't even begin to state how much of a lack that is.
Ok, so maybe this was a bit of a negative post, and it seems like I can't wait for my kids to grow up. Some days, yes that is absolutely true. But oh contrare! There are LOTS of things I want to freeze forever....
- Babies. I LOVE Love love the baby stage. From pregnancy and birth to about 2. Don't get me wrong, I do love all the stages that I've experienced so far, but there's just something that makes me a sucker for babies. I'd be willing to be a surrogate mother, and even raise the child for the first year. ;)
- Nursing. That must go along with babies. I love nursing. I love the bonding time with the little ones. I love knowing that I'm their lifeline. I love how it's the most comforting thing to a baby. And I especially love how I "have" to sit down and nurse, and put my feet up, and close my eyes, and possibly dozz off. Yea, that's really nice. I will miss that.
- Loves and Cuddles. Hugs and "I wuve you's" from a kid is priceless. I will miss them wanting to sit on my lap All. The. Time. The love from a child is 100% Christlike. They don't pretend, it's all real.
And the kisses. I estimate I kiss my kids at least 341 times a day. Give or take a couple. The cheeks, the rolly-polely arms, the little feet, all perfect kissin' spots. I'll miss when they won't let me do that anymore.
Well, I guess it's about even. And I'm sure most of those older parents are right. I'll miss havin little kids around. Most likely. :)
1 comment:
I'm with you! I love having my kids little but I can't wait to not have to do car seats or tie their shoes. Or take them to the bathroom in the middle of a shopping trip! But the hugs, kisses, I love you's, and cute little faces that get excited about the simplest things make the car seats, shoe tying and everything else worth it!
Post a Comment