I saw in the local paper a couple weeks ago a "Draw Dad Contest." Each participant was to draw a picture of their dad. I asked Kamille if she wanted to do it and of course she said yes. She's the ar-tist for sure! It was for ages 3-10 and 1st place getting $20, 2nd place getting $10, and 3rd place getting $5. Well a couple days later I got a call from the paper's office saying Kamille had WON 1st PLACE!! Oooooorrrrraaaaa! I was so proud of her. So we went and picked up her mula, and they took her picture and printed it in the next issue. The paper gal said there were about 30 kids who did it and Kamille even beat out 10 yr olds. I may or may not have been slightly a little more stoked about her winning then she was! It was all good healthy competition.....!
Kamille's the one on the left IN 1st PLACE!
This is a field just down from our house that is so beautiful right now. The kids and I went on a 7 miles bike ride and we snapped this picture on our way home. Some parts were a bit of a doozy pulling 100 lbs behind me in the bike trailer. But the girls rocked it and and we had fun!
On Saturday we headed up the road about 12 miles or so and found a little creek. So of course we had to stop and check it out, then we went on a little hike and just enjoyed the beauty of the area!
Werrrrrrre's Jefferson?
We've seen lots of these since we moved here, hence the name of our town!
So today, I heard the dogs barking, which usually means that some one has pulled up to the house. Kamille comes in to tell me that someone was here to buy a picture. I was like "What?" Come to find out, the girls had been working on drawing several pictures to sell. They set up this little stand all by themselves and were selling their drawing's. Wow, someone really stopped? Kayda then came in to tell me that a lady put some money in her money jar, but didn't take a picture. I asked how much she was selling the pictures for and she said "Some are $3 and some are $5." Okaaaay! I suggested that might be a little much for pictures. And I didn't quite have the heart to tell them that we shouldn't really sell stuff on a Sunday, since they thought up the whole operation themselves and executed it so well. That keeping the sabbath day holy lesson will come shortly. All in all I think she made about $.17 :)
This is our new dog Gabi. She's an Anatolian/Great Pyrenees mix. We got here to watch over the garden at the farm and train her to help herd the sheep. She 's very pretty, playful and huge. She thinks she a horse, because she certainly eats like one.
So my friend put together this weight loss competition with about 20 people. We all put in $10 and whoever loses the most weight loss percentage takes the whole pot. We've gone since June 1st, and have until July 4th. I can neither confirm nor deny I'm in the lead with a total so far of 8% lost! But I will say I've been diving head first for that pot!
This was my starting weight
This is what I was on Friday. In all confession, I did have a few cookies as a reward! I still have 2 weeks left, so I'm hoping to get down another 10 lbs or so and bring my total weight loss to about 12% or so. It's amazing what liposuction can do! (hehehe!) Actually, what's amazing is how much weight you lose when you don't eat, or eat less. Not much exercise, just eat less. I have to give a shout out to Kody for telling me that and also the best fitness/nutrition person I know, my big sister Jeaniece. Well, no, that's an oxi-moron because she ain't even close to big. :) Thanks for the tips on how to drop the weight!
We snapped a few pictures after church today. This was one of them. Maybe I'll post a before and after picture when the competition is all over.....maybe! :)
On another note, we received callings in our ward today. Kody is the Teacher's Quorum Advisor and I'm the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's presidency. We're happy and excited to serve. Especially me, I'm super excited. I LOVE young women's! Probably because I'm really good at acting like I'm 15, it just comes naturally. Girls Camp is next month and I hope to work it out so I can go.
The kids are doing great, enjoying staying up late, long summer days and using their imagination!
2 comments:
I'm second counselor too in YW's - so fun. You look great Julie - so share your tips my friend. I've lost 25 pounds but need to lose 15 more by Oct. Help me!!
You look AWESOME!... maybe I need to ask your weight loss counselor for some tips:) I 've lost 14# and have another 16# to loose. Congrats. to Kamille... Love the pictures. You will be fab. in your new calling and Kudos to Kody in his new calling. Love you all. Really enjoy all the update and news. Keep it up!
Post a Comment