Jun 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Happy Happy Father's Day to all the daddy's out there, old and young!  It's a little different celebrating Father's Day for your own father when you're young and for your husband when you're a little older.  Honestly I'll have to admit that it's funner now that I'm older. Mainly because I get to help the kids plan and do things for Kody and see the happiness and excitement they have. But of course any day is a happy day when cake, ice cream, presents, and funness is involved!  I'm starting to think we should celebrate random days like March 12, June26, and Sept 5 just because. So we can have some more yummy stuff! We could call June 26 "Middle of the year Wednesday!" Of course it won't be Wednesday next year...so darn.....that may not work. Oh well, lest have cake and ice cream anyway! :)

The kids made a shirt for Kody with their hand prints on it. They were thrilled to be able to put their hands in paint and play around. I'm not super crafty, so the fact that I thought of doing this all by myself put a smile on my face! Of course the process of going about getting all the supplies is a whole other story! Let's just say in involves me taking all 5 kids to the store by myself to gather the supplies and Jefferson opening the bottle of bright green paint in the shopping cart and "spilling" it on himself, down the cart, and onto the floor. That shopping trip was um.....fun? :) But it makes for good memories, right? It's something I'll laugh at in 20 years (or so they say). Let's hope they're right :) All in all it turned out super cute and Kody was happy to get it!


 
He also got to enjoy one of his favorite dessert's Strawberry Shortcake. It's delish! Kod-man deserves a lot more than a shirt and some cake, cause he's the best dad our kids could have. We're all very thankful he's ours!
 
 
Yesterday we spent most the day bailing and loading hay. We only did about 4 acres and have another 55 to do. It was warm, we all got sweaty and hay down our pants, but we had fun and it was good for us all to work together!
 


Each bale weighs about 65 lbs. Mr Muscles right there!

 
The kids were good helpers with their muscles too!
 
 
 

1 comment:

The Kleyn Family said...

Whoa! That hay is something! Happy Father's Day to Kody!! We made a shirt this year too! (& by the way, September 5th is our anniversary...so feel free to celebrate and eat some cake for the Kleyn's!)