Feb 7, 2008

Broken Foot

So yesterday afternoon I laid Kayda and Kamille down for their naps. They both laid right down and looked pretty tired, so I thought for sure they would go right to sleep. Well, a little bit later I hear this HUGE thump....followed by some intense screaming and crying. I run into the bedroom and find that Kayda is not in her crib, but is on the floor behind her crib. She had climbed out of her crib, or rather fell out of her crib. And since we have hard wood floors throughout the house, it was not a soft landing at all. Long story short, she hurt her foot pretty bad. I took her this moring to get an x-ray and it's broken. So her poor little foot has a cast on it. She's not quite sure how to move around yet, but she'll figure it out. I'm not sure how long she has to be in the cast. We go back to the doctor's next week. Here are a couple of pictures of her!! Poor thing!



6 comments:

Goodman Family said...

Poor little girl! I hope she is doing better.

Carlie said...

poor baby! that looks so rough!
congrats on the upcoming new model into your family.

the Cardon Clan said...

It is so sad when they get hurt so young. I hope she recovers quickly.

Christine said...

Oh, poor baby. And she looks so sad.

Nicole said...

Hi Julie-
Don't worry- she will bounce back. Troy had braces on his legs when he was really young- less than 1 yr. and he walked right on schedule and has no residual probs. But, that doesn't make it any easier. It looks almost as big as she is!
Get well soon!

April said...

how is kayda doing? Can she walk on her cast yet? I guess it's time to put her in a regular bed, so when she crawls out there will be no more broken bones. You and Kody might have to trade bedrooms. Put all three kids in your room and you guys sleep in their room.(: Hope you are feeling okay. Love to you all.
Mom/Marmie