I (Julie) need to clarify some remarks I made in the post under "Ward Party." I stated my opinion about how I felt about Santa Claus, and I realize that it might have come off a little strong and out of the blue. It is my opinion, that for my family I don't believe in making Santa out to be this person who comes down my chimney, flies around the world, and gives me whatever I ask him for. But that is just for my family. I understand that there are lots and lots of people who feel differently, and that is just fine. I don't condone, or think evil or wrong of families who do believe in Santa. Santa Claus represents good, and love, and giving, but I feel like it has become so commercialized and is all about "getting" and what "Santa will give me." I'm not totally against Santa. Kamille has had pictures with Santa and when we walk into a store and see a giant life size blow up doll of Santa, I don't hide Kamille's eyes and tell her she can't look. Santa will always be a part of Christmas, and it's good for what he really represents (i.e. giving, love, etc.). That's what Christ is and represents. I am sorry if there was offense taken, or feelings or thoughts of me thinking I'm so much more holy or righteous than everyone else. That was not my intention at all, and I apologize to anyone who took it that way.
Each person/family is entitled to their own feelings, opinions, and thoughts. I was not trying to change that, I was only stating my own personal feeling and opinion.
6 comments:
In response to Mrs. Claus' comment under "Ward Party"......It made me chuckle, and a little surprised that Mrs. Claus would say such a thing, :) but I ment no offense or hard feelings, and ask your forgiveness.
Julie, I totally know what you mean. I am glad you wrote that about Santa Claus. It made me think about what I want to do, and that there are options! It's your blog, for pete's sake, you can write what you wish. Your kids are going to grow up wonderfully, with or without the illusion of Santa Claus. There's really only a couple years that they believe it, then it's over. Is it really worth all the facade?
Julie,
You are precious. I cried when I read your comments under "Clarification and Apology." It takes a very mature and humble individual to write what you wrote today. You are deeply loved and appreciated. Your opinions are honored. Maybe not agreed with, nevertheless, they are honored for being your opinions. Have a very Merry Christmas. We will miss very much not having you, Kody and the girls here for Christmas. You weren't here last year either. Bummer!!!!:(
It will be a new experience for me to have two of my 5 chldren not around. I guess it is time for me to grow up.:)
I love you all,
Mom
PS, Don't worry about Mrs.Claus's comment. It sounds like "she" was having a bad day and your comments about Mr. Claus took "her" by surprise. I am sure "she" is over it by now.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has different opinions and that is okay. I'm glad you expressed them. I like to know what others think. Have a Merry Christmas!
Julie Dee, you know we love you.....we use the Santa thing way too much to get our kids to be good this time of year. I wouldn't be able to give that part of it up. But good for you and standing up for how you want to raise your kids. And, it is YOUR blog!!!! Write what ever you want to. :)
Oh Julie, that's what blogs are for. You get to say and be who you want and if people don't like it, they don't have to read it. Simple as that.
Don't beat yourself up. You're a mom with a family and opinions about what you want to do with your family, and that's the way it should be.
We see a bit differently on Santa Claus and how we allow him into our families, but that doesn't mean I think an apology is necessary. It just means I didn't comment on your ward party post ;) ;)
Keep up the good work. You're a good mom.
Post a Comment