Feb 15, 2017

It's a New Year!

Welcome to 2017! Wozers, did I think I would make it this far? Sometimes I wondered. :) We're already into February, and before we know it, it will be August and then this year will be over too. Crazy!!
 
My sister talked me into training for and running the Whisky Row Half Marathon. It was actually a goal of mine to compete in some sort of race this year. I hadn't decided which one, so when Jeaniece called me and said we should run it together, I thought, Perfect! I've been doing really good, running 4-5 days a week. I'm up to 9 miles!
 
This sunrise picture was taken one morning on my run. So pretty!
 
Here's our new years picture. Everyone made it to midnight to set off fireworks, except Kosette. She fell asleep.
 
Here we are at the Winter Farmers Market. We had winter squash to sell clear through January!
 
 
One of Kamille's birthday presents was a plane ticket to Washington to visit her best friend Hannah. I placed the itinerary in a pocket of a little suit case along with a pillow and tooth brush. She was pretty confused when she first opened it, not knowing exactly what it meant. I told her to check all the pockets. When she found the printed itinerary and started reading and saw that it had her name on it and that she was going to Spokane, tears welled up in her eyes and she was so surprised. It was really sweet and tender! All happy tears, of course! After that she was jumping up and down with excitement! She was gone for 10 days in January and had a really great time. Kamille (and I) both miss living in Washington. It's really a special place up there with some remarkable people.


 
I love when the little boy falls asleep on me at church. His curls just melt my heart.
 
And this is where he ends up when he's not feeling great, but still wants to be close to me.
 
One of the daily routines of school has been to play a game with Papa. This time it was Splendor.
 
Jace has become very skilled in climbing up on the counter, over to the sink and "helping" to do dishes.
 
Or, he's always a big helper right after I have ust cleaned the windows. Like literally, I just cleaned them. Oy!
 
My birthday this year was a good one. I really wanted to eat. Eat everything I could. That's how much I love food. And since I had lost 14 pounds over the last few weeks, I thought eating good food would be a nice reward. :) So some of my "sisters" and I went to Denny's for breakfast. And since it was my birthday, my meal was free! WooHoo! I then hit the day solo. Of course it included more free, good food. I got my favorite lunch, a sandwich, from Firehouse Subs. Free, since it was my birthday. So good! And my favorite dessert, a Molten Chocolate Cake, from Chili's. Divine!! I also hit up Khols for a little shopping, although I didn't find anything I really loved, but it was fun to walk around. Then I went to the movies and saw "Jackie." It was good. And lastly, I stopped off at Watson Lake before heading home to enjoy a little walk around the lake. I liked the solo time to think and ponder and relax and not be in a hurry. Having company is nice too though.


No comments: