Feb 24, 2016

Februaryness

It's been a real crazy February! We've been outside a lot in shorts and tee-shirts. We haven't done that in a loooooong time! A part of me really likes it. A lot. But, when it it's this dry and warm this time of year, it sometimes makes farming more difficult a little later on. I hope we'll get some more moisture within the next few weeks. Even if that means snow, I'll take it. And my hubby farmer certainty will too. :) One thing I sort of forgot about AZ was how intense the sun is here! Oy! I can hardly be outside for very long without my sunglasses, or a hat! It's soooooo bright! It feels great on my skin.....right now. But I know, come summer, we'll be bathing in sun screen and cool water!

I am now officially 32, I think. My friend Lisl always thinks I'm 29. That sounds good to me. Yeah, I'm 29. :) My mom and Noel J came up for a little surprise the evening before my birthday. And they brought cake, so frankly that means they're welcome anytime. It was nice to have a little visit with them. Then on my birthday Kody and I got to go on a date, WITHOUT ANY CHILDREN! We haven't been on a date without a kid for over a year. And it's been 6 months since our last date at all. That is very unusual for us. We've always been great at doing dates very regularly. But while we were in Missouri, we didn't have a good babysitter very near to us. Then we moved and we all know that's a process, so our dates got out of whack. But, now we have lots of good babysitters and Kamille is old enough now to watch all the chilluns, so things should get back on track!
Kody and I hit up Chili's. Yummo! Mainly for their Molten Chocolate Cake. That's a fave of mine, and so was the date!


A little birthday picture. We're missing the little man, he was already in bed. I love all these lovies of mine!

 With the warmer weather, I've been out cleaning up one of the gardens. Jace likes to help!
 
Kamille's an awesome little mother hen!
 
My good pal Jordan was in Arizona for a week, and we were able to meet up with her. She just left to serve a mission for 18 months in Indiana. It was great to have some of Washington down here with us for a little while. We enjoyed hitting up Cabelas, Chick-Fil-A, a little shopping, and of course some ice cream. A get together with Jordan wouldn't be compete without ice cream! I love this Chica.





 
Who doesn't like the samples at Costco? Apparently Jace doesn't either!
 
The kids have had a blast on the kayak boats on the pond. It's so nice to have so many fun things to do right on the property without having to drive some place to do it. Boating, nature walks, paint ball, forts, swimming, junk yards, wood lots, etc. Farm living is the life for kids...big and small!


 
The shop was turned into a bike shop for a few hours. We got all of our bikes ready to take on all the dirt roads, rocks, thorns, etc. New tires, tubes, slime, oiled chains, etc. We're ready to riiiiiiiide!

 
Lisl sent us a package that had something for each one of us. She's cool like that. :) Kayda and Kosette love their aprons. The boys think their lights are super rad! Kamille digs her harmonica, and Jace thinks the light up ball is a hit! He has not been feeling great because of teething and this was the happiest he was all day. Seriously. We looooove Lisl! :)



 
 
 

No comments: