Mar 8, 2014

Spring is in the Air


We had a pretty good snow earlier this week, probably a total of 6 or 7 inches. And I thought to myself "oh man, it's March!" But, it's gone now!! And the forecast is looking to be in the high 40's and the 50's for the foreseeable future!! I'm sure we'll have another cold week come, but I'm excited that winter is going into hiding! I've been feeling kind if blah-ish and I think we're all ready for some serious doses if Vitamin D and dirt under our fingernails! 

The other day Kayda said we needed some house rules. I don't know why she thought we didn't have any. But, she wanted to make a list of them. So she did. Here's what she came up with. Some of them made me laugh! :) 
 

Two of the girlies doing some exercise! 
 

I made some cookies the other night. About 7 dozen. They lasted a couple hours :) 
 

We had an assembly line of little "worker bees" putting together beehive frames. 
 
 

One of our ewes had a little lamb, so we all went out to see him. He was such a cute little thing. Unfortunately he didn't survive. He was a bit premature, really weak, and wouldn't eat on his own. We decided to bottle feed him and tried a few times, but he just couldn't do it, and the poor little thing didn't make it. He only lived about 24 hours. It's kind of sad. Hopefully the other ewes that are pregnant will deliver healthy lambs. 
 
 

The sun was shinning and the temps hit 46 degrees and it felt Wonderful!! Time to whip out the shorts and flip flops! 

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am sad about your lamb! I guess that is farm life though :( Such cute kids and cute pictures. Can't wait to see more farm life this summer. Just don't forget to blog when you are so busy!!