It's a new month! February is here! Strange to think how fast time flies! Kosette will be 4 months old this week (I can't believe it), and I'll be....well....I'll leave that number out, but I will say I'm not quite 30. :) The start of the year has been good. Our winter has been nearly non existent. Of course we've had cold temps, but no snow, or anything close to resemble that it's coming and going to stick around for more than 2 hours. The girls have walked home from school a lot of this month too.
I started this post yesterday but as usual had to be put on hold to feed a baby, or change a diaper, or clean up some interesting mess, etc. Story of my life, right? But I'm back to finishing it now since this is how most the house looks right now:
We've been blessed to go this entire time without anyone feeling under the weather, but alas I suppose it's our turn. On Friday evening both the girls hit the somber, lay around, slight body aches phase. Then Jameson joined in last night. It doesn't seem like it will last longer than today or tomorrow....we'll keep our fingers crossed!
On a happier note, isn't this little thing just the cutest EVER??? I say YES!
I got sort of an early birthday present....you like? I LOVE it! It wasn't really in the plans up until about a week in a half ago. We took our other suburban into the shop after Kody looked and checked what he could because it's been making noises and the engine light came on. And of course the shop people give us an estimate to fix EVERYTHING (like for example brakes, but in reality the brakes will last 2 more years) and with parts coming straight from the factory, etc. So the total to have it all fixed was going to be the same to get a new car. So that's what we decided to do. We found this beauty on Craig's List (of course) just outside of Portland, and headed over a couple days later to get it. Its a couple years newer, less miles, and no problems. It's leather, seats, 8, sunroof, super clean and well taken care of! My friend asked me if we intentionally get lifted vehicles or if we just happen upon them. I say it's both! Kind of brings out our county side in the city. We're excited!
Here it is a little more than half way done.
And here it is complete hanging on the wall. All together it took about 15 hours.
Good thing this stinkin' little tank of a boy is so cute! While I'm upstairs cleaning the bathrooms thinking that my lovely, obedient, well behaved young boys are downstairs reading Charles Dickens and practice their pre-algebra math problems, I come down stairs to find this....
It's so nice when your 2 year old figures out all he has to do is pull the kitchen chair over to where ever he wants to be able to reach pretty much anything. I suppose it's good he chose Nesquick instead of some other cheap brand.
or this...
Oh the life of a a little boy, isn't it lovely?
I went back to book club and this month we read "The Language of Flowers" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. I really enjoyed it. I had no idea that the meaning of flowers can be so specific. I told Kody from now on when I give flowers to someone, I'll do it by meaning. It's really neat!
It's been nice to come back and complete this post in one sitting. That doesn't happen very often! Looking forward to a nice week!
3 comments:
Cute kids & fun times! Awesome new car too!
Love the post. Also, I hope your having a very happy birthday today... Love ya lots!!!
Ahhh...the life of a boy is never dull! Believe I know! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment