Mar 21, 2011

Oh life has been interesting lately. I guess it always is. We've had some differt learning experiences to say, I guess.

First, Kayda went with Kody one day to Walmart to get some things. The next morning she comes to me in the kitchen and says "Mom, look what I have!" She procedes to pull out some finger nail polish out of her pocket. It's a spakrly blue color by the way and the rest of the conversation went like this:
Me: Wow Kayda, that's pretty, where did you get that?
Kayda: From Walmart
Me: Oh, did dad buy it for you?
Kayda: No
Me: Well where did you find it?
Kayda: It was by the pictures at Walmart
Me: Did you ask Dad if you could get it?
Kayda: No, I just saw it and wanted it and I put it in my pocket
Me: Did you tell Dad you put it in your pocket?
Kayda: No, I didn't tell anybody

Great!! So we had a long conversation about stealing and how we are not supposed to do it. She was very sad when we told her she would have to return it. So Kody took her back to Walmart and Kayda explained to the clerk what happend and said she was sorry and then asked if she could pay for it. And so she did with her own money. Hopefully it was a great learning experience for her and she will NEVER do it again! Of course, the nail polish was $5.95. I was nearly floored! $6 bucks for blue sparkly nail polish. What a rip off!! Kayda better like it.........a lot!

Sunday was our first week to church as a family in about 6 weeks. It's been kind of a crazy month. We were out of town, had Stake Conference, and basically each took our turn of feeling under the weather. Totally crazy, I know. But it was nice to go. I kind of forgot how long Scarmaent meeting can be with 4 tired hungry children, and 2 adults for that matter. :) But I did get to go to Relief Society for the first real time in almost 4 years! That was exciting! I've been in Primary since we moved here, and now I've been called to be Cub Scout Master. That should be interesting. So I'll get to attend RS again. I'm excited about that!

I think it's kind of a sign that your ward is too big when the entire chapel and overflow are filled every single week and it's not a missionary speaking or a baby blessing. And when you go 6 weeks without going to church and you don't get one phone call form anybody in the ward, or one person noticing that you were gone. I'm not looking for sympothy or anything. It's just something that made me think a little more. I can understand how some people can go inactive so easily. Hopefully I'll be a little more aware of people themselves and notice when they are not there and then at least find out why and make sure they are ok. Know what I mean?

Well, I'm rambeling on here. Spring is almost here! YIPPIE! I'm so looking forward to that! In fact the kids and I spent 3 hours at the park today! It was beautiful! Oh, how I love grass and trees and flowers and seeing my kiddos happy!

On another note, here are a couple of really cute videos of the boys!

Here is Jameson playing in his boat. Getting ready to raft the Salmon River one day!


Cute little Jefferson waiving to us!
nge

2 comments:

April said...

Okay, this is the most adorable little boy. Congrats. on your new calling. I haven't been on your blog for quite sometime, didn't know about your new assignment. What will it all entail? They are getting you ready to be in scouting for years, with your boys.:) Glad you could go back to R.S. Sorry to hear that no one called you to see why you were not in church for 6 weeks.:(

Audrey, Brandon, and Cele' said...

6 weeks and nobody called? Really? You might as well live in a Utah ward. Just kidding. And no worries about Kayda...I did that too at her age, but it was life savers instead...and I haven't stole since! :)