Like this little man. Who couldn't love him? He is my sweet Buddy Boy.
And these two girlie's. They are precious and I love them!
And of course my two book ends. They keep us all together and I love them so much!
Since we have had company staying with us for the past 8 weeks we kind of all got to the point of needing our own space, so they are currently staying somewhere else; and these past couple of days of having them gone has really made me appreciate my own children and family. It's hard to have people stay with you for a long time when everyone is used to doing and running things a little different. Not that each person's way of doing things is bad, it's just different. And Kody and I are both very happy with the way that we do and handle things in our family. And I'm sure that each family feels their own way about how they do things. Now don't get me wrong, I Love having people come and stay and visit, but maybe just not for 8 weeks. Or at least let me know a head of time and I'll be prepared for it! I'm SOOOO grateful that we have the kids that we have, that we organize the things that we have the way we do, that we eat what we eat, that we teach what we teach, etc., etc. It's given me great perspective on what works best for our family. And I'm thankful that Kody and I have done what we've done to manage our family, and that we are still working on getting to and accomplishing the goals that we have for our family. Simply put, our kids are the best, my man is totally the best (no question there) and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for letting me have all of them! I would not choose any others that's for sure.
This was the first year that we've done Thanksgiving by ourselves. We did have our friends over for dinner so that they did not have to be by themselves. I was quite nervous being in charge of ALL of the food. I'd never done a turkey before or a meal this size and so I was SOOOOO excited when everything turned out great and that we didn't end up at a restaurant or getting pizza or something. We had a very yummy juicy tender turkey, mashed potato's, stuffing, deviled eggs, fruit salad, corn, rolls, and of course pumpkin pie and strawberry cheesecake. I made from scratch almost everything, and I was quite pleased with my efforts. And the best part is, is that it actually tasted really good. Kody even said it was one of the best Thanksgiving meals he has had, and coming from him whose mom is the master cooker, I was pretty happy! Here are a couple of pictures of our efforts!
On to a different note....We have had about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground since Monday. The kids have LOVED it! The first morning they woke up and had their snow suites on and were out the door by 6:30am. They were finally ready to eat breakfast at about 9am. We are usually up that early but not usually playing outside. The girls loved it though. And we haven't had this much snow at one time for about 2 years. We will see how long it sticks around. Here is a little snow video:
Here are a few more super cute videos!
Jameson making Jefferson laugh. They will be such great friends!
Jameson singing and directing the music to Jefferson
Jefferson saying mama
Jameson saying ABC's. It's so cute, he's so smart!
Well, the girls keep asking when we are going to put up our Christmas tree. Not quite yet I've told them. We would like to wait at least until December 1st. We are not big fan's of rushing into Christmas so soon after Thanksgiving. I wouldn't be surprised if within a few years the world basically lets go of Thanksgiving and goes strait to Christmas. I mean they already have Christmas trees up in stores and decorations out in October. By the time we know it people will be ready for Christmas in June. Not a fan of that. Although we did participate in the Black Friday shopping, nothing to fancy though. We all went to Toys R Us at about 4pm on Friday and got a box of Leggos, colored pencils and diapers. Then we headed out to dinner as a family. It was very enjoyable. I don't think a lot of families go out to eat with 4 small children. But ours did very good and we enjoyed each other's company. It's been about 4 or 5 months since we all went out to eat together, so it was fun.
I suppose that's about it for now.....so until next time!
5 comments:
Adorable children. Cutest little boys. Did Jameson get anothre big knot on his forehead?
Julie - I don't know if you remember me - I found your blog through someone else I'm sure - but I think you have one of the cutest families - I love how simple and real you are keeping your life. Your T-giving feast looks delicious and your children are beautiful. Keep up the GREAT job of raising your sweet boy and girls to love the Lord and their family! love, susie shipley
oops - boys and girls - man you had those children fast!
WOW! The dinner looks fabulous... great job! Love the videos and pics. Good to know your getting a much deserved break from your extended staying guests. :)
Julie - my email is ksshipleyfamily@gmail.com - send me your email and I will invite you to my private family blog!
Post a Comment