Oct 17, 2010

Fall.....A great time of year!

Disclamer: The date on this post is wrong. Today is Sunday Oct. 31st. I started this post a couple of weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to finishing it!


What a BEAUTIFUL time of year! It's so nice to wear a sweater and flip flops at the same time! You get the best of both worlds! It hasn't been warmer then about 65 degrees for the past couple of weeks. The sun has been shining and the air has been crisp, and it was been so nice! It makes me so grateful to be able to have the ability to enjoy the change of the seasons. I can see, smell, and feel it. I'm thankful that Heavenly Father created such a beautiful place for us to live. Even the small and simple things, like the smell of a flower, the touch of soft grass, hearing the wind blow through the trees, feeling the warmth of sun on my face. I LOVE it and am so grateful I get to enjoy it!

We've been home from Arizona for about a month and it's been crazy, fun, and noisy!
We have had our friends who used to live herer been staying with us for a few weeks while they are here taking care of a bunch of business. They have 3 little kids, and so our kids have had a blast having someone to play with everyday! Seven little ones and the oldest is 5! Let's just say that it's been........a little more volume-atic! And since our children are not quiet by nature, it has sounded like a nursery! But, the important thing is, is that they have had a ton of fun! We've been able to do some fun things together and it's been great to have built in babysitters that we didn't have to pay! And I'ved loved having another adult around (when Kody isn't here) to visit and chat with, so that I don't have to talk to little kids all day long.

The past month has been full of several "First" things. Kamilles' first day of school, Jefferson's first teeth and rolling over, Kayda's first time playing soccer, and Kamille loosing her first tooth. It's been fun to experience! Here are some pictures

Kamille's 1st day of homeschool at MCP

We LOVE the homeschool Program that they have here. Kamille goes 1 day a week to MCP (Mid-Columbia Parent Partenship). It's a program run through the local school district. They offer all different types of enrichment classes. (i.e. Dance, Science, History, Art, Karate,Tasty Math, Gardening, Cooking, Chess, Piano, Music, Acting, P.E., Weekly Reading, etc.)All the core subjects are covered at home. Kamille really enjoys it. I'm so grateful that this area has so many homeschooling families - 5 in our ward alone. It really makes the support so much better!

5 of the 7 kiddos on the shlef in the closet


Little Tonka Tank Jefferson


Kamille lost her first tooth!



Kayda's First season playing soccer!


A couple of weekends ago we went to the Country Merchantile. It's a farm out in Pasco that does a big Harvest Festival. This is the 3rd year we've gone and it's fun. It sure brings back memories of the festival on the Farm in AZ. We sure miss that. This one is very carnival-ish. They have different rides and things, but it's still fun. All the kids sure had a great time, especially climbing the Hay Pyrmid, going through the corn maze, picking pumpkins, petting the animals, etc. We would love to have property big enough to where we could do something like this, minus the carnival rides. We sure miss living on a farm. Hopefully one day (sooner, rather than later) we can have something work out that way!

Here are some pictures of our fun outing:

The kids on the Hay Pyrmid (along with some other girl)


Jameson and I sliding down the bounce house




Kamille and Jameson riding the plane


Kayda on the Merry Go Round


Jameson, Matt and I on the Merry Go Round


Most of us on the Train Ride


My man and my kiddos!


I'm feeling so grateful for things in my life right now! Especially my family. My man is so great and is working so hard for all of us. I love my kids so much and all of their little quricks. Being a wife and a mother is harder and more challenging than I thought it would be, but I'm so grateful that I get to be one. I would not trade it for anything!

2 comments:

April said...

Keep up the good work. Take deep breaths every now and again. Cute pics. Yea for Kamille loosing her first tooth.

Jackie Lee said...

Cute pics. Glad to see you all having fun!