Here's some pictures of Jameson being a boy playing in the mud. He had a blast!
Here is Jefferson just being so cute. His infantile acne came in about a week ago. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long, but nonetheless he's still our cute little chunk!
Yesterday at church I was sitting in the back looking around at all the young families (a lot of them were visiting our ward) and noticed how many children, especially little girls, had flip flops on or princess or Dora sandals, etc. I just thought to myself that I'm glad I had a mother who taught me that although those kinds of clothing are cute, they're not really appropriate for Sunday. This is my opinion of course. It just kind of made me chuckle to see these little kids in flip flops and then to look over at my girls and see them in tights and straped on dress shoes! I heard a talk given by a general authority once ( I can't remember who it was) but he said that flip flops are so casual they should only be worn to the beach or when going swimming. Now I wear mine more often than that, but NEVER to church. Kody and I have been talking a lot lately about the outward appearance of people. We grow up learning that it's not the outside that counts, but what's inside that is really important. Is this really true??? We don't think so. Because the bottom line is, is how you look and act on the outside is really who you are on the inside. And obviously is does matter to the Lord how we look. Do missionaries not have a certain standard of appearance they have to maintain? Do church leaders not have that same standard? Shouldn't we all maintain that physical appearance standard? I really think the Lord does care how we look. How I do my hair, how I do my makeup, how much I weigh, what I wear to church, etc, etc. And I think we should care too. Because it's true that a person who maintains their physical appearance in weight, hair, clothing and looks is going to be more attractive, have a better chance at success, most likely to be a more positive person, and have a greater impact in this world and on people, rather than someone who is really overweight, has bad hygiene, doesn't comb their hair, etc. Yes, how we are on the inside is very important. And how we are on the outside is also important. That's my two cents about it.
Grammy and Grampa are here for a week! Oh what fun! The kids are excited, and so are me and Kody. We went to the river for a picnic, and we hope to do some other fun things this week. Maybe go camping if the weather is good.
We live in an amazing world. The things that people are capable of and what we've created is so neat! Like airplane's. You can travel the world in a matter of hours. The Internet. You can learn about anything you have ever wanted to know in a matter of minutes. Communication. You can be talking to someone on the other side of the planet in a matter of seconds. It's just really something when you think about it. I'm so glad I get to enjoy these blessings!
I'm excited to be making another order to Walton Feed soon. Yahoo for food storage!! And we've been using it! The pasta noodles are great! Brown sugar is great, and I'm just so excited to be getting more of it. Pretty soon our office room will be filled with white 5 gallon buckets!! That will be lovely decorating! :)
Here is Jefferson talking a little bit. He was doing in a bunch more before I got the camera. He sounds so sweet!
This post was kind of random. Lots of different thoughts filling my head right now!
1 comment:
It is hard to believe how much Jefferson has grown. He is one dang cute baby. Your new family pic. is wonderful. Please send me a copy. YOur hair looks cute, the way you have it. Kamille looks so much like you. Hope you all had a great time with Grammie and Grandpa.
Post a Comment