Jan 9, 2009

New Year, New Changes, Neew Excitments

I can't belive 2008 is over! What a year! We had our up's and down's, but don't we all?? I've resolved to be a little better and do a little better. I always like a new year. It's refreshing to think like I'm starting new, a clean slate, to make it as good and fullfilling as I want it to be. Of course it's never to late to start change anytime in the year, but I like the thought of it being the beginning. I want to have more humility. I was reading in Preach My Gospel the other day about humility. I guess I've struggled with this because in a way to me, it showd a sign of weakness to not do everything on my own. But I've learned through divine guidance, that humility is not a sign of weakness, but rather a huge step in accepting help for the Lord. For we CAN NOT do it on our own, as much as I'd like to think I can. So, humility, here I come! I hope to be better in that area, along with many others.

Well, we had a great Christmas. We were able to go to Arizona and spen some time with the families. We drove down there and hit some hard weather on the way down. It normally takes about 20 hours to get down there, but it took us about 27. We ended up driving straight though. We had a great time and surprised just about everyone! That part was fun! I'll post pictures and stuff later. I'm at work right now and don't have access to pictures. Oh, speaking of work, here is the exciting news I mentioned in the last post!

No, I'm not pregnant. A family in our ward owns a storage unit business. They offered for us to move into their house (they just buit a new home and are living in it) and manage/run the storage unit office. The office is attaced to the house, but has it's own entry. The lady who is been the office manager for the past couple of years just got married and is moving to Portland. This is a HUGE blessing as we will be paid a salary for managing the office, and we get to live in the house for free with most utilities included! Plus 2 weeks paid vacation and paid holidays! I've been here in the office the past week being trained, and it has been good. Yesterday only 2 people came into the office and there were only about 3 phone calls. It is very low key, which will be good as I will still get to be a mom. Only the very beginnging of the month will be a little more busy because that is when payments are due and people come to the office to pay their rent. So most of the days there is only about 2 hours of work a day in the office, and then at the beginning of the month there might be a full 6 or 8 hours of work a day. But between Kody and I we'll be able to hold things down. Since Kody spends half a day in the office doing roofing stuff anyway (which he will continue to do)he might keep his laptop in the storage unit office and doing roofing and units at the same time. And then when he needs to leave I'll take care of the storage unit office. We're going to put a sensor on the door that will ring in the house when someone comes into the office, so I don't have to sit in the office all day long.

So we are super excited and we're hoping to be in the house by the end of the month. Right now they are redoing the bathrooms, carpet and paint. After that we'll move in! So I don't know if there will be a nother post for this month. If not you'll understand why we are so super busy! Once things are under control, we'll post again! Happy new year to ya'll, and make it the best yet!!

No comments: