Jan 18, 2008

Good Experience

So the parents of the 4 children we were watching returned from their trip to South America. They had a very nice time, and everything went pretty well while they were gone. We did have one incident that was a bit nerve racking. All of the children including our two got sick. Either with diarrhea, vomiting, or both. Over the course of 12 days I think I cleaned up about 15 episodes of vomit. Their youngest daughter Bryn, who is 14 months old had it the worst. Her little body just got so dehydrated that she went into shock and had a bit of a seizure. I had never seen anything like that before so I called 911. An ambulance came and I went with her to the ER. They gave her some fluids and hydrated her and then we went home. We were only at the hospital about 3 hours. It was quite an experience! Luckily Kody was close by working, so he was able to come right over and stay with the other 5 kids. After that Bryn was much better. She still had diarrhea for a few days and vomited once. But I think now she is OK. It was a great lesson for me to learn, I just feel bad that I had to learn it with someone elses child. Those 4 kids were great, and we had a lot of fun together. They loved playing with Kody (i.e. wrestling, hide and go seek, building a fort, sliding down the stairs on a mattress, etc.) It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it! We would love to do it again!

No comments: