So a few weeks ago a couple in our ward asked us if we would watch their 4 children while they went to South America for 12 days. We happily said yes! Our great adventure started last Saturday. With their 4 children, and our 2 children that makes a total of 6 kids and the oldest is 8. There is an 8 year old, 6 year old, two 3 year olds, a 16 month old, and a 13 month old. Needless to say I have only sat down maybe 4 times the last 6 days, and don't really expect that to icrease much more for the rest of the 6 days. I've aquired the skill of holding two babies who are trying to knock eachother out of my hands while stiring speghatti sauce at the same time. I've learned to eat standing up while holding one baby and washing dishes. I been pooped on, puked on, peed on, sat on, yelled at, hit, pinched, and scratched. And I haven't gone to bed before midnight since we got here.
But I have also laughed a lot, watched some great imagineations come to life, read lots of Dr. Seus books, and helped with piano practice, homework, and beating a level on the Lego Star Wars video game, and have had some great huggs and kisses.
It has really been a great experience, and I hope the second half of this adventure will be just as good. I kind of understand now how my mother-in-law felt having 6 kids in 8 years. Kudos to you Ronda!! People have said that this experience will be a good method of birth control...well, I don't really agree. We've all had our highs and lows, and believe me they have been really high highs, and really low lows.
But in a nut shell I would do this agian......and again......and again.... I've enjoyed it!!
7 comments:
You are nuts! I don't think I could handle it. But you sound like you're surviving. I'm just glad that babies usually come one at a time.
Sounds like fun!
Oh Julie, you are a saint. I moan about watching 1 other baby girl 3 days a week! To add to what you said, if you can walk away (or crawl if you need to!) from this experience and still want more kids, I'd say you turned out ok.
man oh man! Only you would gladly be up for something like that! :) Im sure its been a good experience to know what you're up against in the future!
Wow. You are a better woman than I.
Hey! You are a trooper to take care of Dani's kids that long. I'm sure you are ready for a break. How did you find my blog? Can you search for people or do we both know someone?
Only you Julie! You go girl!! love ya...
Post a Comment