At the beginning of the month we said "see ya later" to some dear friends we made here. The Forsberg family was so welcoming to us when we moved into the ward, and pretty soon Brittney and I became fast friends. As the weather started warming up, she and I started walking and hiking together multiple times a week. We learned we have lots in common and we became each other's buddy :) We were sad to send them off to Rigby, Idaho. Brittney kept telling me how she wished we had moved here sooner. I agreed. :) I love friends. They're my fave!
The town of Union held its annual Livestock Show and Rodeo. Kody and I went to the rodeo one night and enjoyed some bull riding. Man, that can get intense! It takes a special breed for someone to ride a bull! ….. The next day the kids and I went to see the animals and have fun with some of the very expensive, sort of dirty and smelly, but fun rides. We each got to pick one ride.
There are free pallets all over the place here in town. So, when Kody sees some in good condition, he grabs them up and becomes very industrial with them. He and the kids have started on a pallet fort. It'll be 2 stories tall, have a little porch, a window, etc. I'll get more pictures as the construction moves along.
Kody has done a lot of work on the suburban the last couple of weeks. We needed new tires, but before we got those put on, he wanted to replace the shocks, and some other stuff. We were all able to help in one way or another doing something. We're so grateful for his mechanic skills and knowledge. He saved us over $700 in labor because he was able to do the work himself! It was a process, but he "got er' done!"
No comments:
Post a Comment