Nothing too overly exciting has been going on in our neck of the woods lately. Just been pretty usual. Of course, a new baby is set to arrive ANY TIME now. So far, I'm 3 days overdue. But, for me, that's nothin' really. I'm sure the next post will be all about baby, so for now here's the skinny as of late....
Kosette is good little helper. She always pulls over a bucket to stand at the counter and help with whatever I'm doing.
Crazy little lovies!
Kody's grandma, Jess Ann, passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was 88 years old. She had been ill on and off for a while, so we knew it was coming. But even then, when we got the call, it was a little heart wrenching and sad. Kody flew to Arizona for the funeral and spent 3 days down there. It wasn't long, but it was worth it. He hasn't seen most his family in over 2 years, so it was a nice little reunion. We sure wish we all could have gone, but one was better than none.
Jess Ann's casket was hand made by Kody's brother and dad, with some help from a couple of brothers-in-law. It looked beautiful. From what I hear, it took about 50 hours or so to finish. The funeral service was filled with lots of memories being shared, Scottish heritage- including Sunde, Kody's sister, playing the bagpipes, another sister Shayna put together a great video of pictures and memories, the 3 boys (Kasey, Kody, and Kolten) sang a special musical number, and another sister Summer wrote a poem in honor of Grandma Jessie. From what I heard it was a really lovely service. Our brother-in-law, Chris kept the kids and I up with everything by sending lot of pictures, videos, and updates. Thanks Chris!
Good looking Kiddos! (Left to Right- Kasey, Sunde, Kolten, Shayna, Kody, Summer) Just missing Mom and Dad
Sometimes Kayda dresses like this. But, never in public! :)
Last weekend I was able to attend Time Out For Women. A few ladies from the ward went, and we all enjoyed the uplifting speakers and music. This time was one of my favorites! The presenters really were terrific and the music by GENTRI was so so so good! I'm really glad it worked out for me to go. It's always good to get a little spiritual boost when we need it.
Of course sitting for several hours wasn't super fun for my pregnant swollen ankles, but it was worth it :)
Last week Kamille and Kayda both got to each spend a day with their friends (Hannah and Emmah-who are sisters) for their birthday's. The girls had a blast with all the fun activities they got to do with some friends. Hiking, horseback riding, Cinderella movie, and lots of laughs!
My lil' pal Jordan is a trooper. She'll come hang out with me every so often. This time it was to Costco. She was a champ and used her muscles to push the flat bed cart....with Jefferson on it too.
Like I said, the weather has been Lovely! We enjoyed a nice bike ride one day...even though it nearly put me into labor :)
Keep and eye out for an upcoming baby post!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment