But the leaves have been super beautiful! I imagine in heaven there will be leaves on the trees all the time. They'll change colors with the seasons, but trees will always have leaves. In the winter the leaves will be white and frosty looking :) I like to think that's how it will be.
One day we hit up the dollar store. Kayda got fake nails. It was totally worth it. Of course they only lasted about 2 days, but she got to tickle my arms and it was wonderful! :)
I haven't exercised in like...forever. I started walking again this week. Such a pretty sunrise!
Chicken from Zaycon Foods was coming to town, so I ordered 2 cases (80 pounds total). I canned about 50 pounds, getting 28 quarts. It's an all day deal to prep, cut, fillI and process the jars. It took about 9 hours. I froze the rest. It's yummy chicken though!
Sunday afternoons sometimes bring forts. This is what it looks like today. Any volunteers to clean up?? :)
We had an interesting fast and testimony meeting at church today. A few members got up and shared sweet testimonies. Then one guy-clearly not a member and just visiting, dressed like a lumbar jack with tatoos all over- headed towards the front. When it was his turn he didn't go to the pulpit. He didn't even go up on the stand. He stood in front of the first row and went on and on and on. His testimony of God was strong, that was obvious. He was loud and spoke with conviction. A lot of what he said was truth. It was a little akward and obviously not something any member is used to. But parts of his testimony were tender. I was glad to hear him share his beliefs. After a little while of him talking, our friend Jim, whose in the stake presidency walked down to him, shook his hand, and helped escort him back to his seat. There were others waiting there turn. This man seemed like a nice guy, even though he was a little scary looking. :) And honestly, I was glad to know that a few members of or ward are always carrying a gun....just in case :) It was in interesting meeting, but still spirit filled.
I taught all the young women today. The lesson was on the atonement, specifically the crufixion part. I really dug into it and learned a lot about the ancient customs and practice of the Romans and how crufixions played out. Some of it was really overwhelming. Just the physical pain and anguish suffered by the Savior before he even went up on the cross was enough to make any man cave. But he didn't. He continued. He pressed on. And he finished it all. It was really quite remarkable. It was a real testimony builder for me to learn and study it in depth a little more.




1 comment:
Yea!!! You went to the Dollar Store... Good for you! :-) I would have loved to have heard the gentleman speak today. (maybe he was one of the Three Nephites!) We If I lived closer I would come help clean up the forts! Did you bottle all the chicken by yourself? Amazing what you have accomplished and learned being a "Farmers Wife"! You go girl!
Post a Comment