Apr 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Happy Happy Easter! It's a beautiful day here in Washington! Lots of sun shine and cool weather, it's so nice! We were able to get a few quick pictures before we left for church this morning. They're not perfect, but when are pictures with no official photographer and 4 little kiddos ever perfect? Anyway, they're still super cute and I wanted to share! I love having my kids match, I think it's so cute! A HUGE thanks to Marmie for the cute clothes. The girls loved their dresses!







Yes, I know, I'm looking a little hefty.....keep reading and you'll find out why!


Yesterday we had our Easter Egg/Scavenger Hunt. The kids loved it! Kody did a great job putting together clues and interesting things for the kids to do and find. The grass was hot lava, they had to go through Sherwood Forest, avoid the hot tar, perform on the stage, shoot a bow and arrow, cross the bridge to Tarabitha, do tricks on the trampoline, race super fast like Lighting McQueen, and do lots of fun stuff. It was really clever. Jefferson was pretty content with his bag of Doritos and loads of candy! The kid will eat anything, as you can obviously tell. Even chips and candy that's covered in dirt and grass. After the fun we enjoyed eating the candy and goodies out on the lawn. It was quite nice! Here are a few pictures of the funness!









This is a video of the girls performing a dance with their class. The girls are in the second row on the left.

It kind of feels like I haven't done a post in SOOO long. It's been almost 2 months. I guess that is kind of a long time, but not as long as some. Anyway, lots has changed and happened in that time so I suppose I'll fill in all the details.......

First off, we are not moving back to Arizona. This was a decision that was hard for us to make. We will defiantly miss not living close to family, but it just wasn't going to work out like we thought. We love living in the Northwest and would have missed it like crazy, but we were willing to go. However life comes at you in so many different ways that you just have to go with it. We are excited to be staying here, but of course sad to not be near family. I guess that means, family will just have to come our way! (Hint, hint, hint!)

When we were going to be moving, we told the owners of the storage unit facility that we would no longer be living here and managing things. So they of course made plans for someone to take our place. Well, now that we're not moving and plans have already been made for others to take our place, we had to do some adjusting. We've been wanting to move for a while so that I didn't have to work as much. Even though it's totally "work from home," over time, it still requires a lot of effort and attention. So for the last 2 months or so Kody has been looking for work. He's applied to several different positions here in the area, in Oregon, in Montana and Utah. We heard back from some and from others heard nothing. But nothing quite seemed to pan out.....until a couple of days ago.

Kody saw a posting on Craig's List for a manager position at Cost Less Carpet. They are a big commercial flooring and counter tops warehouse store. Kody sent a resume about a week ago and got a call to come in for an interview. On Friday morning he went in for the interview and Friday afternoon got a call with the job offer! He starts tomorrow! We are VERY excited! It's a nice salary pay with benefits, and of course a HUGE blessing! It's kind of funny because even though Kody knows everything about construction, he is not a flooring expert. But he is a near expert in management (thanks mainly to managing our roofing business) and that's what got him the job. This store gross's $550,000 a month and is the headquarters store for the area. It will be so nice he won't have to work in the evenings, at all on Sunday's (the store is closed on Sunday) and will be great to know that when he is home, he is home! That's one hard thing about running your own business and working from home....you never can get totally away from your work. So, we are super thrilled and so thankful for this opportunity! Now it's time to start looking for a new place to live! That will be fun!

Another piece of news.......Baby number 5 is on the way! That's right I'm pregnant! I'm 16 weeks along (about 4 months) due Sept. 20th. But I'm planning on an October baby since all the others have been late. We're really excited and I've been feeling pretty good. Mainly just tired. We're planning on another home birth. I saw my midwife a week ago and got to hear the baby's heart beat! We're not sure if we'll find out what we're having, we still have to wait a few weeks for that anyway. So I very well will probably be done having kids by the time I'm 30 just like I always wanted to. I can still squeeze one more in there, but I'll focus on one at a time first. Unless of course I'm pregnant with twins right now....Yikes, that would be something!

More news.......We put the girls into school. They are finishing Spring Break right now, but start again tomorrow. They've been going 3 weeks and are really enjoying it. Kamille's in 1st grade and Kayda goes to afternoon Kindergarten. They've made good friends and are having lots of fun. And honestly it's a relief for me. I was really feeling very overwhelmed with home school, running the storage units, mothering, etc., etc. So this has been a nice break for me. It's kind of a trial run; they'll finish out the school year and well see how it all goes in the fall when school starts again. But so far, so good.

Anyway, I think that's all the news and updates I have for now. We're just enjoying the wonderful Spring weather and this very special Easter day! I'm so thankful for the Savior, He really does ROCK! Hopefully it won't be 2 months before I post again! If not, I'm sure ya'll understand why! Loves to ya!

4 comments:

Shayna Collier Nelson said...

Ooooh my heck!! I that is a lot of good news! Im so glad Kody got a job, I hope he likes it! And Im ecstatic your pregnant! I hope I can get preg soon! I love that we are all having kids at the same time! Your Easter looks so fun! You guys are caring on the Collier Easter traditions I love it! We will do the same Im sure! Trace is a little young but next year! Love you guys!

Goodman Family said...

A little hefty...that is what I look like when I'm not pregnant! :) Congrats!

That is great that Kody found a good job. Funny how things just always seem to work out. So glad you guys are doing well!

Beautiful family!

Susie Shipley said...

Congrats on the new job, decision to stay where your heart tells you and baby no. five. Your children are adorable!! I love checking in and finding GREAT news happening for your sweet family!

Heather and Shaun said...

I love reading about your cute family! Your kids are adorable! Congrats on baby #5! You are a brave woman! :)